Bush: I'm God's Delivery Boy

by William Penwell 44 Replies latest social current

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I'm a strange cross between liberal / libertarian. I think there should be social programs to help the truly desperate, and I feel that national health plan would help alleviate much of the stresses of poverty and improve the national outlook ("Where's all my tax money gone? Well, at least we've got benefits...")

But in other issues, I'm as conservative as I can imagine. I'm not a Christian, but I hate the idea of abortion. It seems to me to be a violation of the most natural of instincts, a violent disruption of the most sacred of places - the womb, the cradle of life. Mother becomes destroyer? Yikes. And we're wondering why we're being outnumbered by Muslims, etc. If we systematically kill off thousands of our own people before they are even born, it's just natural selection that we are going to be drowned out. So I tend to quietly endorse anti-abortion activities. But I also feel that men could do much to make this a world where a woman doesn't feel pressured to get an abortion. If more men stepped up to the plate and took care of their natural responsibilities, there would be fewer abortions. So it's not just women. If we ban abortion, we have to make paternity a binding obligation for support. I would rather endorse the life option and make it the favored choice among all people.

Gun ownership? I enjoy shooting. I also hate the concept of banning any kind of weapon. If we need to revolt, how are we going to do it if all we have is shotguns? We saw how well that worked with the Iraqis vs. the US army. I oppose all gun control legislation. But I would strongly support a kind of danegild for murderers, where they labor for the rest of their lives and pay the victim's family.

Religion? I feel that religious expression is one of the greatest creative impulses the human being has at his disposal. Could the Vatican commission the Sistine Chapel today without being subjected to violent, indeed, anti-Christian pressure to stop wasting money? People should be free to expose their religious sides without being stabbed.

CZAR of the middle right.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I'm a strange cross between liberal / libertarian. I think there should be social programs to help the truly desperate, and I feel that national health plan would help alleviate much of the stresses of poverty and improve the national outlook ("Where's all my tax money gone? Well, at least we've got benefits...")

But in other issues, I'm as conservative as I can imagine. I'm not a Christian, but I hate the idea of abortion. It seems to me to be a violation of the most natural of instincts, a violent disruption of the most sacred of places - the womb, the cradle of life. Mother becomes destroyer? Yikes. And we're wondering why we're being outnumbered by Muslims, etc. If we systematically kill off thousands of our own people before they are even born, it's just natural selection that we are going to be drowned out. So I tend to quietly endorse anti-abortion activities. But I also feel that men could do much to make this a world where a woman doesn't feel pressured to get an abortion. If more men stepped up to the plate and took care of their natural responsibilities, there would be fewer abortions. So it's not just women. If we ban abortion, we have to make paternity a binding obligation for support. I would rather endorse the life option and make it the favored choice among all people.

Gun ownership? I enjoy shooting. I also hate the concept of banning any kind of weapon. If we need to revolt, how are we going to do it if all we have is shotguns? We saw how well that worked with the Iraqis vs. the US army. I oppose all gun control legislation. But I would strongly support a kind of danegild for murderers, where they labor for the rest of their lives and pay the victim's family.

Religion? I feel that religious expression is one of the greatest creative impulses the human being has at his disposal. Could the Vatican commission the Sistine Chapel today without being subjected to violent, indeed, anti-Christian pressure to stop wasting money? People should be free to expose their religious sides without being stabbed.

CZAR of the middle right.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

"So, you prefer Godless, Atheist Presidents, then? Like any other American, Bush has the first-amendment right to freedom of speech. Do you think he shouldn't?"

No of course not. Remember, "religion is the opium of the people." Anyone with religious believes is obviously fanatical, unbalanced.

Hey, I am no fan of religion, thanks to my bizarre JW upbringing, but I don't think that because I'm agnostic that everything associated with religion, or someone's deep belief in good, is evidence of an unbalanced mind.

• heathen
    heathen

The thing is I can't really tell the difference with these people in government . I don't believe for one second that these people are representing christianity and by even claiming to do so they are no better than what people fleed from in europe to come to america to begin with . That is why the constitution disallows for a national religion . True you are free to worship as you please and vote for whoever you want but going around the world oppressing people of different faiths trying to force a way of life that involves the belief in a religion that is condemned is absurd to say the least . The US does not have the authority to legislate law for the entire world . The country itself is burdened with so much corruption , I just can't see where they can make a pious claim to morallity .

• Panda
    Panda

Bill O'Reilly is an elite, as is Mel Gibson. That's why networks allow them to spout their opinions. Bill O'Reilly says we're dopes if we read the Times... do you really believe that? Mel Gibson has made a fortune off this film BECAUSE of the controversy... don't believe for a second he didn't count on that happening. Bill O'Reilly is entitled to his ELITE position opinions because that's freedom and he gets paid beaucoups of $$$$ for creating controversy. He always plays like he's the real fair guy, BUT I haven't seen him mention Sandra Tsing Loh who got fired fro NPR radio... Not such a champion for the underdog there is he?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit