What kind of house do you live in?

by Strawberryfieldsforever 26 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

I live in a van down by the river.

(I need a new joke please.)

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Our home will be five years old in May. We have a country porch, with brick up to the second level, two car garage; three bedrooms, full unfinished basement, small kitchen and eating area, dining room, parlor, and living room. We are at the top of a hill in a development with 68 other homes. Very conveniently located, with all stores, doctor, dentist and hospital within three miles.

Because the builder used untreated lumber when he built the porch, we are in the midst of "having" to replace it ourselves. This time we are using the new plastic stuff which will never need replacing or painting. The builder isn't responsible because no matter what, they are protected; rotten and decaying wood is not affecting the structure of the home unless it would absolutely callapses. As it is, it is only the wood on the posts and all the railings that are actually crumbling to the touch. We certainly didn't count on this expense. Painting the inside of the house will have to be put off, as well as the deck for the back, and extending the garage. Despite all of this, our house is assessed right now more than $100,00.00 over the price we paid for it. More assessed value means higher taxes. You just can't win.

We like it here, but wonder what will happen when we retire. Usually a persons equity in their home guarantees that they can move to a condo or an adult housing unit and have enough to live on. Not so around here. Condo's start at $150,000. Things need to change for sure, but don't know if we will be here to see it.

/<

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

We live in a beautiful 4000 square foot log cabin of Engelman Spruce. We have a pool, fruit trees, grape vines, a stock pond for fishing, and various fountians around the land. We raise a lot of flowers on vines, so those are always blooming. We have three acres on which we keep three cutter horses. and we have a room on the side of the house that is the "tack room" where we keep our saddles, bridles, etc. CG

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

((((Hugs)))) Golden girl.

I live in a small but cute split entry, 3 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, dinning room, a basement, a one car garage that's filled with too much stuff so the car won't fit, on about 1/2 acre of ground. It's decorated with antiques and flea market finds that my hubby and myself refinished. I like taking a sad looking, ugly piece of furniture and making it beautiful again. Through the years I have collected some really nice pieces of furniture. We were looking to buy a bigger house, but we were hit with sticker shock, so for now we are staying put, we have a really small mortgage payment.

Hapgood

• talesin
    talesin

I've been looking around for the home I will 'occupy' after Harm-ageddon, found the perfect one!

• kls
    kls

MY HOUSE IS WILL BE TWO YEARS OLD THIS JUNE. IT HAS THREE BATHROOMS THREE BEDROOMS A DINING ROOM KITCHEN. THE UP STAIRS HAS A BALCONY THAT LOOKS OVER THE LIVING ROOM TO A FIREPLACE. I LIVE 1400 FT ON TOP OF A HILL SURROUNDED BY 18 ACRES. KLS

• Celia
    Celia

Here you go . . . .

Do you like it ?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Brrrrr

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Our house is a very fine house with two cats in the yard. Life used to be so hard...now everything is easier because of you....

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Since I'm married, most of the time I live in the dog house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit