Circuit assembly : The Window for Lying

by metatron 13 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Over at channelc, you can find evidence of one of the valued reasons for having Circuit assemblies.

They get to lie and deceive - away from the prying eyes of the public.

Apparently, a Brother Novak informed the crowd that Phil. 2: 9-11 - in which "every knee shall bend" to Christ

is a command to OBEY THE ELDERS. How nice. Can you say 'blasphemy'?

You see, Circuit Overseers are very carefully monitored when they give talks at District Assemblies - because the

Society gets paranoid about 'hate speech', and other liabilities that might be created by an overenthusiastic circuit rider,

who deviates from the approved text. If you look carefully, you may be able to pick out the older brother appointed by Bethel

to check up on this. He'll be the one following a manuscript with his finger, word for word. If the speaker stumbles, you'll

see him look up quickly.

But at Circuit assemblies, the C.O.'s seem to have a lot more latitude. Since most of these affairs are held in Assembly Halls

away from public scrutiny, you can get errant remarks ( if they're really 'errant') about going to college, fanatical counsel on association

and so on. They feel they can 'get away' with it, you see.

Keep exposing them. Don't let them get away with their 'venue for lies'.

metatron

• waiting
    waiting

How true........blasphamy - and conducting business as a True Antichrist should. Insert yourself where the Christ is (according to the Bible).

Good point about the District Conventions - always a Bethel brother to make sure it's *just so." lol - and keep the "hate speech" to a minimum in public. More watered down propaganda. Like the Watchtower mags.

But Circuit Assemblies? Akin to when the CO comes to the congregations....easier to bring forth true feelings, true lies, true hate, true false teachings, inuendos easier to discern. Strong propaganda & slogans.

Reminds me of the ol' saying my mom used to drill in my head about our violent, dysfunctional, family: "What goes on in these four walls stays in these four walls."

lol - too bad for the Watchtower. They're finding out that their dirty secrets within their walls are oozing out. Poisonous vipers....just as the scriptures foretold, eh?

• gumby
    gumby
    Apparently, a Brother Novak informed the crowd that Phil. 2: 9-11 - in which "every knee shall bend" to Christ

is a command to OBEY THE ELDERS. How nice. Can you say 'blasphemy'?

LMAO!

Well....it wouldn't be the first time they spit in gods face.

If every dub obeyed elders.......the Organisation of people would either go insane.....or just take more anti-depressants.

Gumby

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've heard speakers at assemblies make some very outrageous statements... what totally floors me is that they are totally unaccountable for what they say. When I would bring up something someone said to my Elder father he would say that what was said was not really the standing of the organization... the speaker just went over board.

So here is my question... why go to any meetings to assemblies or conventions??? Over and over the information giving is later shot down in private conversations as "over board". If they cannot get their information straight, then why even listen to it? When you try to play recordings of these statements in court, the WTS lawyers shoot it down with the say claim... the speaker was not speaking for the WTS and was stating his own opinions. Again I ask, why even bother to go listen?

I wonder if any of these speakers have been Dfed for apostasy? My understanding is that anyone who says anything that contradicts what the WTS teaches is an apostate. The answer, of course, is NO.

• waiting
    waiting

The Watchtower is invoking a famous line of reasoning................

Catch 22

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Jehovah's Witnesses think they are being taught to worship Jehovah but in reality they are being taught to worship the Governing Body and its agents in the congregation. Truly as Jesus said: "If in reality the light that is in you is darkness, how great that darkness is!"

Their angel of light has become a satan driving them to idolatry of men and they quietly follow believing these men, the Governing Body, speak for Jehovah even when they contradict scripture and trample on their conscience.

The list of organized religions that do just the same is long. That's why I do not belong to any church.

Sabrina

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    But at Circuit assemblies, the C.O.'s seem to have a lot more latitude.

And it was at Circuit Assemblies, where the flames of 1975 were fanned !

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Reading this post reminded me of last years assembly

A young lady was giving one of the womans talks and i guess she had met one of the governing body

anyway she said what an honour it was to meet one of the future kings

I almost fell out of my chair.I couldnt believe she actually said that

I think that statement put the last nail in the coffin for me and I realized that these are really weird people.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

##I've heard speakers at assemblies make some very outrageous statements... what totally floors me is that they are totally unaccountable for what they say. When I would bring up something someone said to my Elder father he would say that what was said was not really the standing of the organization... the speaker just went over board.##

I totally agree, Elsewhere!!!!

This used to (I guess it still DOES-LOL!) aggravate the daylights out of me when this went on. I REMEMBERED things that were said at the Circuit Assemblies and be awed....but then told later either *I* was mistaken, *I* didn't hear it right...or that the speaker didn't MEAN that, or he "misspoke".....what crap.

hugs,

Annie

• sf
    sf
    Jehovah's Witnesses think they are being taught to worship Jehovah but in reality they are being taught to worship the Governing Body and its agents in the congregation.

Bingo! I call it SPIRITUAL RAPE. And that is sad indeed for the KIDS. The adults have no excuse not to examine this fraudulent organization and it's fraudulent men. The kids are my main concern.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit