Circuit assembly : The Window for Lying

by metatron 13 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Just to clarify though; it is only COs and Dos who can get away with this at circuit assemblies.

Have done numerous talks at assemblies myself. These are carefully orchestrated, rehersals with at least the CO if not the DO as well. Often, these guys may as well have prepared the material for you themselves, given the amount of changes they often wanted.

Agree about being watched over. I have seen the Society's representative spy following line by line from the official outline, making sure nothing out of line is inserted.

eyeslice

• eteacher
    eteacher

I really don't know much about the higher levels of the organization, but I do know that the elders within the congregation I attended as a child had a host of personal issues. These men who counseled others were drunks, fornicators, and possible child molesters. The wives were gossiping, controlling, hags who constantly competed with each other and put sisters who were more vulnerable through many changes. There was one elder who had a wife who fascinated me beyong belief. This woman could not stay awake during a meeting. I spent countless hours watching her nod off and shake herself awake!!!

• TonyT
    TonyT
    There was one elder who had a wife who fascinated me beyong belief. This woman could not stay awake during a meeting. I spent countless hours watching her nod off and shake herself awake!!!

What a blessing you had in having this type of entertainment to keep your mind off the mind numbing drivel coming from the platform.

• Farkel
    Farkel

eteacher,

: but I do know that the elders within the congregation I attended as a child had a host of personal issues. These men who counseled others were drunks, fornicators, and possible child molesters. The wives were gossiping, controlling, hags who constantly competed with each other and put sisters who were more vulnerable through many changes.

Damn! We must have been in the same congregation, then! Seriously, what you experienced is more the norm in WatchtowerLife(tm) than it is not. I left the religion 32 years ago, by the way. Same hypocricy, different decade.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit