jehovah is not a loving God OK!! never was and never will be!

by frankiespeakin 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Thanks everyone who responded to my thread, I feel in the mist of freinds. What, are your "freinds"(sic) sweating on you? You mean midst, eh?

Doctor strangeloves-truth, My moniker is Love_Truth, frankiesweenie, make a note of it.

The God I know (YHWH) is a loving God. That makes your statement untrue.

Love_Truth- my two cents.

Can you deny that your YHWH has ruthlessy had his chosen people slaughter innocent women and children with out any mercy. Question for you first- When Israel was repatriated into Palestine, with a modern, sovereign nation of Israel as the result, were the allies (perhaps your relatives) non-loving because they assisted in the vanquishing of the "native" Palestinians? Civilians were killed, you know- they either moved out and fled or were shot. Thousands of wars have been fought in similar manners and with similar outcomes. Surrender, flee or be killed. Have to make room for "the Tribe" or whatever. It's a constant feature of history. Two sides (or more) to every story, there, frankie boy. Or do you prefer to blame God when bad things inevitably happen.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I AM THIS JEHOVAH AND IF YOU DONT BOW TO ME I WILL LOP YOUR HEAD OFF!

• Panda
    Panda

Read the book God , a biography The varied Jehovahs are amazingly psychoid... a yhwh for every king .

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

L_T

Just answer the question and stop beating around the bush.

Can you deny that your YHWH has,," ruthlessly" had his chosen people slaughter innocent women and children with out any mercy, in the past?!?!?.

A simple yes or no would be good. And if you answer yes then furnish proof that's all.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Frankie,

When you answer my question, I'll reply to that..

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

L_T,

Stop playing games, if you had a good answer you wouldn't hesitate to give it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LT knows that his gawd had it's hebrews commit unthinkable acts of brutality... things that would be considered crimes against humanity today.

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

I don't mean this to be a joke. Although I'm not taking this entirely seriously either. So don't wig if you read this and disagree. But if the God of the new testament is the same God of the old testament, then he seems to have split-personality disorder.

My impressions of the God of the old testament are summed up by scriptures like this:

Genesis 6:13 "So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth."

Exodus 22:20 "Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the LORD must be destroyed."

Deuteronomy 6:15 "for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land."

The God of the old testament always seems really mad and out to kill someone. Now contrast that with the God of the new testament, who with the exception of one day in the temple, always seems really peaceful and loving.

John 15:9-17 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other."

I mean really, how f@#%ing sweet and kind is that? Now either these are two different Gods talking or God just gets really moody sometimes -- which I can understand, cause so do I.

• Elsewhere
  • seedy3
    seedy3

The God of the bible how ever you want to pronounce his name or just call him GOD or LORD, what ever is and always has been a ruthless dieity, right from the get go. Look at the first book of the bible, genisis, when he created man he gave him free will, my ass he did, free will is to do what you want freely, make up your own mind as to right and wrong. His first command to the first couple was to not eat from some tree to give them knowlege of good and bad, well hold on here, that's a catch 22, because if they didn't know bad already then it could not have been bad to eat of the tree because they didn't know bad (evil in some translations). I've heard evangilists try to justify this gods thurst for human blood as loving, the point that comes to mind is the comments by Patty Robertson about the killing of Canaanites as being loving, because if he didn't they would have grown to be millions in the next few generations and then he would not have to kill only a few thousand of them but millions. STUPID reasoning, if he was loving he would have stopped it at 2 (Adam and Eve). The bible is filled with nothing but blood and gore, ethnic cleansing, and sexual perversions of all sorts. This YHWH is not a loving god, in giving free choice to all mankind, he gives you 2 choices, choice 1: Worship me with all you have, choice 2: Death if you don't. WOW that's what I call freedom.................NOT!

Seedy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit