Things you threw away when becoming a witness

by JH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• dannyboy
    dannyboy
    ....I still got my bookbag and volumes back to 54'

HAH Gumby...

I kept my stuff until a couple of months ago, thought about selling it on EBay or something....but then I felt like I didn't want anybody else to suffer from contact with it (like I did)....LOL Then I wondered about keeping it for "research"...but with Blondie and all the others who are so good at posting relevant quotes, well there was just no reason to keep it all, plus I needed the space HAH.

VERY theraputic for me to toss it out.....a crossing of a bridge for me.

---Dan

• dannyboy
    dannyboy
    Josephthedrunkbastardpeice of poop

Who the heck is that?? Inquiring minds want to know. Perhaps an oblique reference to the Judge?

---Dan

• gumby
    gumby

Hey dannyboy.

Yes....that was a refrence to da Judge. I can't stand that man!

I too have been considering getting rid of my literature as there is so much on CD and some websites host various literature that can be copied. I always wanted it for backup in case my family began to question the Organisation and I could use the literature to show them the WTS is full of bastard shite.

They take up alot of space in the garage too.

Gumby

• wednesday
    wednesday

my hubby had a great Aztec collection, just various articles /a calender, and their Gods. a sister came in and told us it was the source of our "demon" troubles(she could sense them") and we got rid of all that stuff. I feel so bad for my hubby now.

I have several Dream catchers, and have taken a lot of "heat " for it, but i refuse to get rid of them. they are beautiful.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

In 1974 I had a kickin? southern rock band. The band was starting to get noticed and was beginning to go places. But due to my mother putting the JW psychological pressure on me to start going back to the Hall and get baptized and all that crap (I wanted to avoid being bird food at Armageddon!), I relented and became a JW again. Sheeeit. It took till? 1979 for me to quit the JW?s, but by that time it was either too late for me to get back into it (the music career) or I just that didn?t care anymore. I had already gotten married and developed a kind of career path, so I settled in for mediocrity. I?ve wondered over the years just what would have happened, had I stayed with the music. Guess I?ll never know. But on the up side, later that year (1979) I landed a job with Xerox and I have been with them ever since. Frankly it?s about the best job you could ever have. It?s easy as hell, and they pay me a disgusting amount of money to do very little. (Uh, here in the land of mediocrity, we must have our justification for our lost dreams.)

Steve

• kilaine
    kilaine

Yes, a cross pendant -- too honest for my own good.

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

My Mom gave my hubby (a Catholic at the time) a figure of praying hands for a Christmas gift. My uncle went to New Zealand and brought me back an abalone shell teakie (sp?) figure key chain. A sister saw it and pointed it out to me, so of course I threw it out. My Mom was real hurt that we threw out the praying hands figure.

Hapgood

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm pretty sure SimpleSally gave/threw away precious Xmas ornaments...

• kat2u
    kat2u

I threw away myself.Took me awhile to find me again too.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Yes, I gave away or threw away many Xmas ornaments that I had been given as I grew up. After I started celebrating again, I have had to rebuild my collection. I threw away my Xmas stocking that my mom had made for me when I was maybe 4?? So, she made one for me and Teryn this year and we have started buying xmas decorations all over again...........but at least we are out.

I also threw away a crucifix that had been given to me when just a little girl.......and rosary beads that my great grandmother made when she was living in Ireland.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit