Things you threw away when becoming a witness

by JH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Are there any things you threw away when you became a witness that you now regret throwing away?

• new light
    new light

Definitely. I threw away some great cd's because they seemed "Satanic". Also R-rated movies and some interesting self-analysis books that conflicted with the GB's insecurities regarding outside philosophy. Oh yeah, and a sweet glass pipe.

• reboot
    reboot

hmm let me see......my life..........

• kls
    kls

BAGS OF POT AND ALOT OF GOOD PIPES. THAT WAS THIRTY YEARS AGO BUT IT STILL BUGS ME

• minimus
  • minimus
    minimus

The demons must've got that other post....I'll try again. Earth, Wind & Fire had a great album with pyramids and Egyptian symbols on it. The Watchtower came out with an article saying these things were related to paganism, the occult and the "demons". So I dutifully threw out the album cover and yet still kept the album. See....the making of an apostate.

• new light
    new light

Ironic, isn't it Min? The old Watchtower/Herald/Whatever mags had pyramids and Egyprian symbols right on the cover. Friggin' hypocrites!!

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, as Gumby would say, "Them BASTARDS!".

• Flash
    Flash

My first beard :{)>

• JeffT
    JeffT

My beard, and a lot of good music, some of which (notably King Crimson) is hard to find.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit