A brain hemorrage

by ARoarer 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

have just gotten out of the hospital after having hemmoragghic stroke 7 weeks ago. I was having a wonderful lesson on my horse, and the trainer noticed something wrong, and said Barb what 's the matter with your face?. I said I don't know, well he ended the lesson. When I climbed off my horse I was a little unsteady on my feet and the girls I ride with at the barn are all nurses, and they also noticed and brought me into the office and took my pulse etc. They wanted to call the ambulance but called my hubby instead and he came and brought me to the emergencey room. When I got there I had fallen asleep and the doctors did a cat scan and told my hubbyI had had a stroke and that there was a massive amount of bleeding my brain and I was in a coma and they may hve to do surgery. But they decided noto risk a surgery because my brain was not being compromised by the blood so I stayed in intenive care for a week. The coma lasted 2 days and i have been so lucky not to have lost any of my abilities to walk and talk etc. I have been in a rehabilitation hospital also for a few weeks to get the stregnth back in my muscles. I feel very blessed to be alive and to be around long enough to enjoy my family and grand children. also . Riht now my neurologists want to find out how it happened. I have had o many cat scans and there is no clot. They said my blood was very thin. I popped a weakened blood vessel. The Dr. said your brain likes to bleed so stay away from all the herbal supplements you were taking thr morning it happened. I was in and intense workout with my horse. I ride every day and before I go to the barn I have breakfast, and take my vitamin e, korean ginseng, green tea, all antioxidants that are blood thinners. I am not allowed to drink red wine fro awhile either for that reason.

• Valis
    Valis

Sheesh! We are lucky to still have you with us! Take care of yourself and best of luck w/the therapy!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((ARoarer))))))

how precious life is. You looked so heathy when we saw you in November! wow, please do whatever you can to keep yourself heathy. (out of the ICU, ) I'm glad you didn't have any residual effects.

Hugs to you and your family,

Joy

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

OMG! Please be careful! Hope you get better!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Scary...good thing you were people who recognized the symtoms

Take care and have a speedy recovery..if that's possible under the circumstances

• kls
    kls

I AM SO SORRY , HOW SCARRY THAT MUST HAVE BEEN AND NOT KNOWING WHY OR HOW IT HAPPENED. I AM GLAD YOU ARE DOING BETTER NOW AND HOPE EVERYTHING TURNS OUT ALRIGHT KEEP IN TOUCH . KLS

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG That must have been terrifying for your hushand and you once you woke up

Glad you are well enough to be here - take care

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Thanks, You know, every morning I say a prayer to God that he be actively involved in my day in all the things I do and so that I and my children are safe and make good decisions and use each of our gifts to the bes of our ability and in behalf of others. The nurses told me my angels were all in place that day. I think those wonderful girls I ride with were like my angels that day. I know my husband was.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Yikes! Thank God you're ok (really). Thanks for letting us know...

• Mary
    Mary

thank god you're okay!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit