Badwillie's Life Part 1

by badwillie 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I'm not sure if I'm way off here but were Nikita and Dim in your congregation or something? Nice story though, I have similar expiriences but we went to the Providence Civic Center where I used to go for wrestling. Since we had free reign of where we could go in the Civic Center I always made it a point to walk out where the Wrestlers would enter, I'm sure the witnesses were wondering why this 7 year old kid was walking out to the stage pretending to slap everyone's hand. (I always wanted to be a good guy when I was little it wasn't till I was around 13 when I decided to be a heel). The stage was roughly the size of the ring too, if it wasn't for that stupid mauve color...er and no ropes. Funny you mention the girl watching, my friends used to do that constantly, insesantly. I never really did that, I was never too girl crazy, then again I had fallen for a girl when I was like 13 so I wasn't really looking.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

ahhhhhh, the Vet, boy-watching. lol - we were there at the same time BW! You are just a few years older than me, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - lol wonder if I ever checked you out with my binoculars!

closer

• Sassy
    Sassy

Thanks for sharing with us Badwillie. . It will amaze me sometimes how we can all have come into the WTS at different times in our lives but yet all still have a connection and feel a bond when we read how another was impacted by this in their life. To remember back to school and how it felt to be an outcast, a nobody, not allowed to participate in anything sure something I won't forget. But the choice of being a JW or not being one, wasnt' one of our options was it? not for those who were raised or brought into it as a child.

Look forward to your next installment

• Nikita
    Nikita

Tuesday, yes, badwillie and I went to the same congregation, I was a good friend of his sister and he was good friends with my brothers (one of whom posts here.)

• detective
    detective

Thanks for sharing!

• flower
    flower

Actually I must say I am kinda sad to see the Vet go :-(. After I got old enough to drive, I spent a lot of Sundays afternoons there at Phillies games instead of going to the meeting. The conventions there were hot as hell but when I was a kid it was like a break from the meetings and I actually enjoyed the more casual atmosphere. Sandals were ok, no stockings, spaghetti strap dresses ect. It was like a vacation from reality...daydreaming about being at a baseball or football game (i did that too BW..).

Its really sad that they are blowing up the vet next month :-(. Its a part of my past ya know?

• Nikita
    Nikita

Flower, I agree.

• Funchback
    Funchback

NEWSFLASH for flower:

Not next month. The Vet is getting imploded NEXT WEEK!

• flower
    flower

Next week?!?. Its hard for me to keep up on news from the homebase from all the way up here in MA. Funchie you are supposed to keep me informed about these things. ;)

I wont even recognize that stadium area when I go back again I bet. *sigh* some things shouldnt change.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I'm kinda bumming about the Vet being blown to hell too. As much as I hated it there, I felt like I knew where everything was and I won't know the Linc that intimately.

Has anyone heard where the WT is going to have the conventions there? Freedom Field or the Linc?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit