by brooklynNY 27 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Imagine the best - giving him the benefit of the doubt

1. They get to see you, at the memorial at least
    2. You re-establish contact (even eye contact) with some in the pack flock
    3. Your mother is pleased too
    4. You can't continue to attend because you know that it's tripe
    5. Either you simply can't go (causing inquiry by them and/or your mother), or you are impelled to reveal why you don't go (totally blowing it)
    6. Naturally the nice elder is compelled to report or speak about you to others - reporting is an indemic requirement of any who are in unison with the org
    7. The questions asked may even be through your mother.
    8. They will require an answer - it won't have anything to do with thought or reason, that's your delusion or mistake - it's simply about allegiance (new light, old light, bad light, good light - whatever - it only matters that it's their light)
    9. You're df'd or da'd either in absence or presence, because you've recently identified yourself as a 'jehovahs witness' - and your shivering mother never speaks to you again, just prays that you will see the 'light'.

OK - Now that's the best case senario.

DO NOT RESPOND

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Dude...keep on walkin'.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    Well, it can take you 8 years to get back to them, using their own time frame.

There ya go! Good one, bebu.

Yeah, I'd stay off the ol radar screen, just as garybuss mentioned.

• Panda
    Panda

Any chance your Mom asked them to contact you? If so the one call will be the end. Absolutely do not return the call. Get on w/ your life. And keep Mom smiling at you.

• heathen
    heathen

95stormfront--- There should be links to it on several threads around here or try the UN site under NGO and look for WTBTS . I can't seem to copy and paste the link but elsewhere had it .

• Sassy
    Sassy

I agree with the others who said don't bother meeting with them..

if you question them about the UN, they may start to think you are turning apostate, against the WTS and then seek to claim you have DA yourself.. even IF that is not your itention.. it has been done to others..

best to ignore them so you can keep ties to your mom

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witnesses I am familiar with view any question that they can not use the reasoning book to mindlessly answer, any question that shows the dual ethics practice, or any question that presents the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation in bad light as apostate. It's about as simple as that. GaryB

• new light
    new light

Well put, Gary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit