I did it!!!! I applied for college!

by MoeJoJoJo 25 Replies latest jw friends

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

...and was accepted for classes starting this summer.

Finally at the age of 33, I finally have my situation worked out so I can attend the local university...my kids are all in school now, won't have the guilty feelings resulting from pursuing a worldly career over pioneering now that I'm no longer a JW, etc.

My major will be clinical lab technology-its a two-year degree. I will be taking a chemistry class this summer which I needed a credit for from high school. I am looking forward to the challenge.

I, of course, being a good JW of the 80s never attended college, got married to a nice JW brother, pioneered off and on, and had three kids. I know its going to be tough at times, but I'm going for it all the way.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Rock on, sistah. As a fellow x-JW of the 80's, keep up the good work.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Congrats!!

You're doing the right thing, no doubt about it.

BTW, I was "a good dub" and still attended college in the early 1980's. For all their fussing about it, they let you go once you decide to do it. I can't tell you how many said they'd wished they'd done the same as I. Poor folks, stuck in jobs they hated.

Cheers,

Love_truth.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Hell, applying is one thing - you were accepted! Your headline softpedals your acheivement... :)

• lollydawdle
    lollydawdle

Congrats!!!!! Applied and accepted!!!! I started University courses at the age of 49!!! I'm now 58 (almost!), and I only have 1 course left to do to get my BA in Sociology! I did it part-time. Have loved it. You will too!!! Learn lots and enjoy!!!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Yeah, best of luck to you!

Kate

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

Thanks phantom, bikerchic, love-truth (you were smart & brave to go back then! I wish I would have, too), lollydawdle-congratulations to you-wow!

thanks for the support!

Moejo

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Congrats, that's gotta feel great!

• franklin J
    franklin J

MOJOJO

Congrats! College is great! You will love learning with AN OPEN MIND! good for you!

Lots of work ahead but you can do it! There are rewards! not the least of which is self satisfation which spotlites your future. I wish you all the best!

Congratulations again and good luck! Frank

• Jade
    Jade

Good for you Mojojo,

You will be so glad you did!!!! Good luck to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit