Cast your vote: Is Jehovah a Myth?

by frankiespeakin 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince mankind that he didn't exist.OR,that his name is Jehovah.

I am convinced that the Jehovah is a Jinn ( Demon ) http://dannyhaszard.com/jinn.htm

How so? because people imitate the god that they worship.My 45 years exposure to JW's has found them to be malicious and viscious wanton dog-eat-dog predatory psychopaths.

Ref. 2 Corn. 11:13-15

James 3:15-16

• City Fan
    City Fan

MYTH, definitely a MYTH.

If I find out he's not and he comes for me at the big A, I'll have to build myself an iron chariot! (Judges 1:19)

• badwillie
    badwillie

Someone said a "well conceived myth". I agree . It was conceived to controI the many and enrich the few.

It's like if I took my 3 year old son and told him there is a monster in the closet. He WILL believe me. As long as I explain it to him in a totally serious manner and with a straight face. Once I get him to accept that "fact" I can use it to manipulate him any way I want. For example: pick up your toys or I will let the monster out, or - eat those vegatables or the monster wont be pleased with you!! If he, along with every other child in the community was raised to believe in the monster, it all seems perfectly normal. What if you also taught these kids that anyone who questions the existence of the monster or tries to open their closet is evil and will be killed by the community for trying. Now you've added a heavy dose of fear to the mix and it's even easier to get people to obey you.

With this illustration in mind remember that historically only priests and clerics were able to read and write. This left 99% of the population throughout the ages as vulnerable as a 3 year old, ripe for easy manipulation. As time moves forward and we have progressed - that 99% is steadily dwindling. Add to that access to the internet, and people are not so easily duped.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Jehovah is evil. Angels are evil too. Jesus is a liar. People are dumb. We are screwed.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I believe in God, whether or not his/her/it's name is Jehovah or YHWH...I don't know.

We do have the Bible...I think some of it is literal. Some obviously has to have the 'slant' of the human that wrote it down. So we'll find out some day.

But, I sure won't judge anyone that doesn't believe or who has doubts. I have no more proof for my position, than anyone else.

Lastly, I do think it's important to show respect for all of our differing viewpoints. Being dogmatic about this very basic belief can be very polarizing if it is 'debated' in a mean-spirited way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit