Cast your vote: Is Jehovah a Myth?

by frankiespeakin 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Thanks to many fine posters I think we can make an intelligent choice. Cast your vote and debate if you like.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Well, if you are asking does God (YHWH) exist, i'd say YES.

In other words, NO, He's not a myth.

If you are asking whether "Jehovah" is the accurate pronunciation of the Hebrew YHWH, I think that matter's already been settled, the answer is NO.

Love_Truth- Vote(s) cast.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yes

No more real than Zeus.

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Undecieded and unprovable on both sides.

However, my gut tells me it is a load of dingos kidneys.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Not one, several:

- the old Yhwh, Baal avatar of ancient Israel was one;

- the postexilic Yhwh as unique God was quite another;

- the Christ(ian) God was still another;

- the Jehovah as God of only JWs is a distinct one again.

In this non-exhaustive list, every new myth takes in features of the previous ones in a new blend. But it's still myth.

My (provisional) vote.

• robhic
    robhic

As a non-JW and confirmed agnostic I'd like to somewhat echo what "Love_Truth" said. From all my reading of JW and non-JW religious literature alike, I'd have to say that the jehovah character in WTB&TS literature and many others is myth. Well-conceived myth to assert control and cause fear in the members of said religions but mythical, nonetheless.

Is a Supreme Creator a myth? That I don't really know. There is so much information against a creator but there is a lot of unproven and unproveable stuff, too. So, who really knows for sure? I think you should just live a good life, help others and let whomever sort it out at the end!

Robert

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

Jesus seems quite real. YHWH does not seem real. I dont know if Jehovah is a myth. I would not be shocked to find out he was.

One thing is certain though. The BORG is not a myth. Its out there. And they want to assimilate YOU!

• Valis
    Valis

yes

• JH
    JH

Valis is a myth

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

Aethism is myth understood.

Yes.

Share this

Google+