Please help with list of ways WTBTS has gone beyond scriptures...

by FlyingHighNow 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Sorry for my rather angry post...this just really touches a raw nerve. grrrrrrrrrrrrr....OnaCruse

Hey, don't apologize. Isn't that what this forum is for? To vent and to heal.

Sometime I ought to give you and BikerChic a call. Almost did one time.

Yep, and add: don't run ahead of Jehovah's organization to your list. This is the crux of why my sister is shunning me. I am NOT dfd and I am not da'd but she chooses to shun me and I assume my little brother does, too. I haven't heard from him almost eight years. I dare question the org. I dare question elders counseling and often disfellowshipping mentally ill JWs.

Get angry all you want, Ona, long as it's not at me.

((((((((((Ona)))))))))))))))

Heather

Heather

• onacruse
    onacruse

Heather, ((hun))

My predilection for phone conversations is, for better or worse, a reputation that I will never live down. LOLOL Call anytime...just please do it on "free minutes" or 5-cent-a minute rates Or, we can call you.

It's been a long time since I've been angry in the way I am now, so let me explain:

A JW I've known for 25 years (imo, one of the 'good guys')...we haven't talked for 15 years. He called me last month, and needed some financial help. You can imagine my surprise! But, he very generously had helped out when my brother was going though cancer (this month was 18 years since his death), so I was more than happy to do what I could.

Well, I was up-front and told him that I was DFd, for good and never-ever-again to be a JW, and even so he proceeded to divulge all this crap he's going through (for several years), with elders I've known for a long long time...one used to work for me, one was on a JC about me, and one is the brother of another elder that had an affair with my first wife.

After listening for an hour, I finally lost it and said: "Man, face it: you better get used to bending over and <<edited>>, cause that's how life in the WTS is. And don't expect Jehovah to 'fix it in his own time,' because you'll be dead in your grave and it still won't be fixed."

He ran out the door with a very scared look.

I don't expect that I'll ever see him again, nor the money I "loaned' him...

that damned religion, it's screwed us up in so many ways, beyond comprehension.

All I can say is, I'm sooooooooo thankful to have met you wonderful friends (including my little wifey, but don't tell her I said that! LOL). I never would have imagined.

Craig

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I picked Redd Foxx cause many of this board think I'm grumpy and mean like him, yet deep down inside I'm lovable and intelligent, and have problems like anyone else.

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Men with vasectomies can't be an MS or Elder (new one they came up with)

This is a new one for me. please where can I find this written in their publications

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This is a new one for me. please where can I find this written in their publications

How the hell would anyone KNOW that a man had this done? I don't know many men to go around bragging about this procedure.

• integ
    integ

It doesn't matter if they go beyond scripture. You see, EVERYTHING can be explained away by saying that the scriptures clearly state there would be a faithful and discreet slave, and that slave is the Gov. Body, the organization God is using to fulfill His purposes. That's the only scriptural "proof" you need. From there everything branches off. So if they say something, it's scriptural because God says IN SCRIPTURE to obey the slave. So no matter what is said by the slave, IT HAS A SCRIPTURAL BASIS. At least that is how it was explained to me.

Integ.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I want to know this one too. I remember years ago it was a matter of conscience, but then heard or read in a mag or somewhere that if a man does have one he should not talk about it as it may stumble others.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think this may have something to do with a passage in the bible saying that eunucks and men with crushed testicles cannot be in the congregation.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    All I can say is, I'm sooooooooo thankful to have met you wonderful friends (including my little wifey, but don't tell her I said that! LOL). I never would have imagined. OnaCruse

I'm thankful for all of you, too. Awww, I bet the wife knows you absolutely adore her because she probably has a keystroke catcher program and she monitors everything you say online. I am sorry to hear about your JW friend. I bet you have made a lasting impression on him, though. Maybe he'll ponder it over and over til it makes him want to get out.

I picked Redd Foxx cause many of this board think I'm grumpy and mean like him, yet deep down inside I'm lovable and intelligent, and have problems like anyone else.GotMyFortyHomey

If you ever seem grumpy and mean, and I've never seen that, it's probably just as transparent as Redd Foxx or Fred Sanford's mean grumpiness. We all knew he was just a big ole softy. I think you have a nice personality.

How the hell would anyone KNOW that a man had this done? I don't know many men to go around bragging about this procedure. Elsewhere

Yeah, at the kingdom hall they just go around bragging about how submissive their women are or complaining about someone's wife who is not. I bet some "worldly guys" tell of their bonafide or imagined vasectomies to get them some hanky panky though. Maybe the WTBTS doesn't want guys braggin because they fear the guys will get some hanky panky. 'Course we all know a man has to offer more than that.

So no matter what is said by the slave, IT HAS A SCRIPTURAL BASIS. At least that is how it was explained to me. Integ.

Yes, they have a way to explain their way out of anything. It's sickening. There is hope though: we all got past their evil reasonings. May all those fooled get past it.

Heather

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    it's scriptural because God says IN SCRIPTURE to obey the slave.

Where is it that God says "obey the faithful and discreet slave" ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit