Answers please regarding wts Armageddon predictions......

by Frantic 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi
    Frantic, alll it is in a supposition based on a WT article recently that discussed the correlation between Noah's day of preaching and destruction and the time of the end today as the WTS teaches. Noah/humankind was given 120 years in Genesis 6:3 to shape up . . . If you consider 1914 as the time humankind was given to "shape up" (ALTHOUGH THE WT SAID NOTHING LIKE THIS), and count out 120 years you come to 2034. Does the WTS make this correlation directly, NO.

The WT article, which I read carefully, does not directy say the end will come in 2034, HOWEVER, let the reader use discernment, the article certainly does infer such a date. It is, I believe, what they are trying to lead the reader to assertain.

It is, in my opinion, and I could be wrong, another attempt to get the members to gear up and get hyped up for yet another date of destruction.

This is alot of time, tho, and it certainly would give us all lots of time to play since we know we have another 30 years to screw around before we have to get righteous and buckle down for Kingdom interests.

Corvin

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

OOPS, I guess my mind got confused over the years with all that complicated bible chronology --all those weeks of years and times and a half and a half a times-- that I forgot the basics ... Sorry, there are only 5304 meetings till the end...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit