I am SO in love...!

by imallgrowedup 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

..... with my 7-year-old son! Last night, while I was still brushing my teeth, he crawled into my bed and laid his head on my pillow. I jokingly told him that he wasn't supposed to be on my side of the bed and that he had to move. He told me, "but I need to lay here, Mommy!". After I asked him why, he replied, "I need to be on your pillow so I can be your teddy bear!"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... he never ceases to say things that endear himself even further to me!

Does anyone else have any stories of cute and/or endearing things their children/nieces/nephews/grandchildren etc have said or done that make your heart go, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh..." ?

growedup

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

My teenage daughter called me an a-hole the other day, and my son said I'm stupid.

Ahhh I feel so loved. LOL

• shotgun
    shotgun

Damn...I thought you was in love with my brain...although it is soft and gooey...ewww

I know what you mean growedup....

Sometimes my 4 yr old girl just tells me she needs to tell me something and then whispers...Daddy I love you this much and streatches her arms out....

• shotgun
    shotgun

XJW don't feel to bad...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

That's soooo sweet (obviously not addressing XJW, here - LOL).

My little nephew can be like that too, though he's only two.
    Then he asks me if I have more fruit or candy - LOL.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Ahhhhh! that's so sweet.

My son, will often say sweet things to me that often makes my heart melt. and then there are days, like xjw said, that words come out of their mouth and you say "where the hell did that come from?"

Our son is 11 and he still likes to cuddle with me on the couch watching t.v. I like that

• Puternut
    Puternut

Growedup,

You should be proud of your little one. Good for you, I don't have my girls and am unable to visit them. So I miss that connection with them.

I visited a friend a few days ago, and she had the sweetest little girl. I was reading some books to her, and she was sitting on my lap. Then she leaned her head on my shoulder and told me that she loved me. Then we played with some carebears. It all reminded me of the times I had with mine, and they're teens now. And that made me miss my girls even more.

So be good to the little ones, they trully are a gift.

Puternut

• franklin J
    franklin J

My 12 year old daughter tolerates me.....my 9 year old son likes me better if I let him stay up a half hour later and play game boy and buy him new computer games( and not tell his mother)...my 4 year old sweet heart daughter still thinks I am great and wonderful ( she will feel this way for about another year maybe 2 ; and then she will take up arms with her older brother and sister as half pint Domestic Terrorist)

my wife and I are outnumbered---it is us against them.

Imallgrowedup---he is at the "cute adorable" stage. He will grow out of that stage ( as he is expected to do); enjoy it while it lasts!

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

CJ -

Everytime my son snuggles up with me, I wonder how much longer he will allow me to do so! It is so heartening to hear that your 11-year-old will still do it! (Whew! I'm not ready to give it up, yet!) Apparently, however, it appears your son prefers to cuddle with the smart parent....! (Sorry, xjw - I just had to say that!)

Shotgun -

I thought you was in love with my brain...although it is soft and gooey

I AM in love with your brain - gooey or not! But it's your sense of humor that I love best.......! (It's not quite so squishy!!!)

growedup

• Dansk
    Dansk

growedup,

That's a wonderful experience and a memory to cherish.

I feel somewhat melancholy after reading it, though, as it reminded me of all the wonderful growing up moments I had with my two girls. Now, because I turned my back on Watchtower, I'm considered the worst father in the world and all the good times are forgotten by them. I envy you your moment and your being able to bring your children up free of Watchtower's cult hold.

I wish you a lifetime of happiness.

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit