What's The Dumbest Thing Anyone Has Ever Told You?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

I hear this one all the time ...

"anyone can be successful (meaning financially) if they work hard - this is the land of opportunity"

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I've got a couple. When I was in pretty deep debt (and living with my ex-fiance), I told her I was thinking of getting a second job just to help pay the debts off. She told me, "You'd never be able to handle a second job. You like your sleep too much." After she left, I had to get a second job just to support myself. I've held it for two years.

For my second, here's what a really pissed off Nigerian scammer wrote me:

Send you hoker wife to me let me show her what a real man is and by the way she looks like a man.
    Tell me something has she got a d*** down there? if she does i would'nt be suprise cu's you look like shit anyway. which woman will want to go out with an eagle eye man like you. I am not suprise you are taking a man. Try plastic surg it might take off you rinkles and help you stay on line. Mother forker. By the way how is your mother? Do not sleep with her but of cu's i will not be suprise if you've F*** her already. Is she still working at the RED LIGHT DISTRICT.
    i WILL NOT DO HER EVEN IF SHE BEG ME TO FOR FREE. GUESS THAT WHY YOU CALL YOURSELF A BASTERD. i wounder how many men did her before she got you.
  • minimus
    minimus

Refresh my memory regarding the Nigerian scammer, please!

• logansrun
    logansrun

My brother in law, uber-JW elder, once suggested at the zoo that the chimpanzees should not be allowed to be naked. "They should wear some type of clothing." Perhaps it was the jutting erection one of the male chimps was having that precipitated that remark.

B.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

That in 1975 this will end the existance of 6000 yrs of man and we are now to enter the rest or thousand years of Christ reign.

Ha haThe EndMoony Wave Tongue Out

That the Lords day was in 1872, sticking out my tounge here.Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out

The great tribulation is at the door step, threshold, like tomorrow alreadyDoorFat Guy 6

I will take a dollar for everytime I was told armeggedon is almost here.Dollar Smiley It Earth The End

Love OrangefatcatOrange Fat Cat 15

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

There is no God.

• Xena
    Xena

The male obgyn telling me "this will only pinch a little"

• desib77
    desib77

I've mentioned this in a post before, but, the dumbest thing some has told me is that my dog is having demon problems because he tried to get out of his kennel while we were gone one day and made his little nails bleed.............oh, and the reason the demons are bothering him is because his name is Lucky.............

• blondie
    blondie

That even when the elders are wrong, we are wrong not to listen to them, because eventually God will sort it out. Example, flipflop doctines, Up to 1967 transplants were okay, 1967 to 1980 transplants were a DFing offense, 1980 to now it is a personal decision. Anyone listening to the WTS/FDS/GB/elders during 1967 to 1980 and died would be resurrected, anyone disobeying them and lived would be DF'd and die eternally. In 1980 these ones would not be reinstated when it was discovered the WTS/FDS/GB/elders were wrong. They were DF'd for disobeying them even though they were wrong.

Blondie

Our's is not to question why, Our's is just to do or die".

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Mine was more of the dumbest thing someone ever asked me. While driving in the car with me when I was 24 years old, my JW Mom asked me very seriously, "I've been trying to figure out why you're not married yet. What is wrong with you?"

Hmmmmmmmm..... could it be that I had a brain in my head which clearly realized that marriages between mere children - which JW's promote - are generally dysfunctional and usually don't last?! Whose got the skewed thinking here

growedup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit