F&cking elder #2 just called

by acsot 36 Replies latest jw friends

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Ascot,

Just sending you some hugs and kisses. know what it is like to be a caregiver. And then there is the whole thing with the Org and their "conditional love."to top it all off. Lots of frustration for sure. Many of us share similiar experiences here and it helps to share it--sometimes to have someone else put it in words that we may not be able to express helps us all. Thanks for sharing.

Love, cybs

• acsot
    acsot

Bebu: wow, great point! I never even thought of that! Does stress cause your cholesterol to go up? Mine is, a teeny bit, due no doubt to all that stress, not the spare ribs and cheese cake I've been eating lately .

With the better weather I'll be in the garden most of the time, and mum loves sitting on the deck watching the cats watch the birds and butterflies.

cyber-sister: thanks for the kind thoughts .

• blondie
    blondie

Oh, acsot, I saw this at work and couldn't get back to give a thoughtful answer. Elder #2 may not mention the particulars. After all he was just looking for your time. I have found that elders keep each other in the dark when it benefts them and I think it will benefit him not to mention your comments.

It is so hard when you have obligations like your mom that keep you tied to the WTS. Changing congregations can be a good step in the fade specially if you never attend at the new one. The first one feels they are rid of you at last and the new one never met you so feels little or no obligation to hunt you down. My mother is a JW but I turned over her "care" to the JW sibling that my mother always said coud do it better than I could. Now they can both eat their words.

But this isn't about me. You did a good job. It will get easier each time you are forced to have contact with them. Practice makes perfect. But remember not to share any pearls with swine.

I wish I lived closer even just an evening's drive away. We'd be there. But only words, our thoughts, and our love are what we can give.

((((Hugs)))

Blondie

• acsot
    acsot

Blondie! luv ya' gal!

It will get easier each time you are forced to have contact with them. Practice makes perfect. But remember not to share any pearls with swine.

I plan on making it as uncomfortable for them as possible every time I speak to or bump into one of the elders or elderettes. I'll revert to my past super-dub, self-righteous prick attitude and try and instill a bit of guilt about they're not developing the "fruitage of the spirit". If not guilt, then relief that I'm leaving. I want them to be sooooo glad to have me and my attitude away from their KH.

• Mary
    Mary
    Well, you?re in Elder A?s group............And you?re never at the meetings

True Christian love at it's finest. Somehow I don't recall this a being a measuring stick on who's a Christian and who's not, at least from Jesus' point of view. Yes the elder's #1 concern is presenting favourable numbers and statistics to the Circuit Overseer when he comes. I knew one brother who wanted to step down as a Ministerial Servant because he needed to spend more time with his family and the elders talked him out of it, telling him how much they needed him as an MS. Shortly before the CO's visit, he was told that they were deleting him as an MS because he hadn't kept up with the national average for hours, his wife didn't go out in Service at all the previous month (I guess having pneumonia and one of your parents die isn't reason enough to miss the ever important knocking on doors).

As for faking your hours, don't worry about it. Probably 90% of Witnesses fake at least some of their hours every single month, including the elders.

• franklin J
    franklin J

Ascot,

ignore the callous jerk ( and all the other callous jerks).

How fortunate for your ailing mother to have you around to look after her. I know how tiring that can be sometimes, I have had a simliar situation.

Take her to the Memorial if that is what she wants; it does not matter to you anymore; and would most likely make her happy. Ignore the callous ones who really have no clue what you are going through. After all, you have begun to see the light at the end of the tunnel and they are still stuck in that terrible religion.

Do something nice for yourself.

Hang in there, Frank

• acsot
    acsot

Mary,

It gets kind of sickening when you think of all the screwed up, callous individuals in the organization doing their best to squash whatever humanity is still alive in each congregation.

Franklin J: Thanks for the kind thought. It'll be interesting to observe my own reaction if I take mum to the Memorial (if she's up to going). I have a feeling I'll find it either very comical or I'll merely feel sorry for all the ones still stuck there.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

((((((ACSOT))))) My heart goes out to ya, chere! While this isn't about me, I know how you feel, hon....Your experiences remind me of the time I had been in an auto accident totalling my car, was out of work with a double concussion and two sprained ankles and being evicted from my apartment, because the disability hadn't kicked in yet....when I asked the elders for help just to move my belongings to another apartment that was being financed by welfare (out in Calif), they finally showed up (2) in suits on the day I was supposed to move and told me as I lay on the couch with two black eyes....that I had gotten myself into this mess and I could just get myself out by myself. I went ballistic at that and gave them BOTH an earful to take back to the PO and the BO!!! Within two years, all they saw of me was *sshole and elbows

Hugs 'n smoochies, chere!

Frannie B

• willyloman
    willyloman
    When Mom lived with us, I used to call the elders and literally beg them to get people to come and see her. Things would get better for a week or two, but they really don't want to bother with elderly people. I'm convinced of that.

Mulan: You hit on something with this comment. Old people are put out to pasture, emotionally, and quickly forgotten in this organization. It's like the Indian tribe that reportedly sent its old people out into the wilderness to die; to do otherwise would just slow down the tribe's travel to the next seasonal camp. Ceremony surrounded this and it became an accepted part of the culture. JW's do the same thing, minus the ceremony!

I've often wondered why this is. After spending some time on this board, I know the answer: The WTS is a book publishing and sales organization and old people can't contribute to the company's goals, so they are left behind. It's left up to their family to care for them. If they have no family (or lost their family because of the truth and adopted the WTS as their new family), they are SOL.

Next time your mom thanks Jehovah for something, she should thank him for you.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

What a callous insentitive %$# ^& ! *&^%$.

It makes my blood boil just to reading the lack of love and fellow feeling they display. All they care is their precious time at the end of the month.

Hang in there acsot!

You will have the last laugh.

wannaexit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit