SUGGESTED LETTER CAMPAIGN TO GET THE UN TO RELEASE THE WTS FILE

by hawkaw 72 Replies latest jw friends

• hooberus
    hooberus
    "What is the procedure for NGOs to become associated with DPI"?

An NGO that meets the established criteria should send an official letter from its headquarters to the Chief of the NGO Section, Department of Public Information, expressing interest in association with DPI. The letter should state the reasons why the organization seeks such association and should briefly describe its information programmes. This letter should be accompanied by at least six samples of recent information materials produced by the applying organization. Letters of reference from UN Departments, UN Programmes and Specialized Agencies, and/or UN Information Centres and Services (UNICs and UNISs) will greatly enhance consideration of the application.

Did the Watchtower have to first become an NGO, then later (as an already existing NGO) apply to become associated with the DPI?

If this is so (I'm not quite sure) then it would seem that the WT would possibly have had to have filled out two basic sets of paperwork:

1. paperwork to become an NGO in the first place

2. paperwork (as an existing NGO) to become associated with the DPI

It would seem that the WT would possibly have had to agree with the principals of the UN twice.

It might be prudent to also ask for the earlier paperwork to become an NGO in the first place (if such paprework had to be filled out), along with the later DPI paperwork.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/55861/1.ashx

It could however be that that organizations are automatically "considered NGO's" by simply being organizations of some type without filling out official "NGO" paperwork. Was the DPI association request the first WT /UN paperwork, or would their have had to have been earlier paperwork?

Are organizations not yet affiliated with the UN still considered NGO's by simply being organizations not related to governments? or does the term "NGO" mean an organization that has applied to the UN specifically to be one?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    Are organizations not yet affiliated with the UN still considered NGO's by simply being organizations not related to governments?

Yes and generally they are not for profit.

or does the term "NGO" mean an organization that has applied to the UN specifically to be one?

No. An NGO applies to receive an accrediation from a UN committee and then becomes either a "associated NGO" with DPI or a NGO with "Consultative status" with ECOSOC.

Hope that helps hoob.

hawk

• Bryan
    Bryan

One thought occurs to me: the ever-opportunistic WTS would spin the UN posting all of that information on their NGO application as the very fulfillment of the prophecies that the United Nations would turn on Jehovah's people. I am dead serious that they may indeed take that approach and use it to feed the persecution complex.

Yes! Yes! That's it!! We were riding the Beast, then turned it's head and bit us! Oooww!

Also, Witnesses love be persicuted! Look we are God's people - we are being persicuted! So, that's us! The ex-jw's has turned against God's people, US. My god we are rightious (sp) bla, bla, bla, bla...

Bryan

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

One suggestion is for individuals to create their own letters so that they are not boilerplate and copied. Also the letters should be sent to both the UN and a central person who can keep a record of all letters. This way the person can take the stacks of thousands letters in for a meeting as well..or at least publish to the media.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I understand your need to let people know what happened, but honestly, it barely made a dent when it was fresh and exciting news 2 1/2 years ago, so whats the point? Active JW's who believe in it don't listen to a word of this stuff anyway, you must realize that.

DIM is right on this too.

I think everyone's efforts should be directed elsewhere. This is a dead end I fear.

• bebu
    bebu

A good question would be: WHO has the authority to apply? Certainly not R&F! What level of leadership/position is required for these documents? How many signatures are necessary for this type of situation? What are the UN guidelines as to minimum authority levels?

We might be able to get details posted about THIS, which could also be damning. Not exactly the whole enchilada, but it would help to clarify.

bebu

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I also urge those who wish to attach stuff or to write their own letters to feel free.

Keeping the theme of course is to "appeal" the decision of Hoeffel to his main boss.

hawk

• sf
    sf

Or we can just sit on our asses and submit items only for internet lurkers.

OR WE CAN DO MORE TO EDUCATE and MAKE-AWARE just how insane WTS is and was and will continue to be.

I for one do not care for the naysayers thought process on this issue....I am printing out the letter in bulk and sending them to kh's too, just as I did the u.n. pdf letter.

When they get the hint that this issue is not going to go away and they WITNESS the fact that we intend on just that, perhaps just one family will be saved from the insanity known as WTBTS.

Perhaps not. But do I just sit here chatting about it? No. I take the calculated risk and send out the letters.

{{ bravo hawkaw for your diligence in all you do }}

sKally, hit 'print' klass

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

sf - do you want an MSWORD copy???

If you do Email me your addy again because ... well .... I am over 40 now and very forgetful.

• zev
    zev

i'm in on this one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit