SUGGESTED LETTER CAMPAIGN TO GET THE UN TO RELEASE THE WTS FILE

by hawkaw 72 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

It's hard to argue with success! and kudos to y'all.

As a pure speculation: it seems like the letter blitz provoked Mr. Hoeffel's response as a response to an irritation? If so, it certainly opened the door...but now perhaps a more focused follow-up might now be in order.

With that in mind, imagine this: If I was an executive in the UN, nothing would crank me up more than to realize that a 'successful' NGO-applicant had obtained access to my organization under totally false pretenses!

How about including a short selection (say, maybe a half-dozen or so) of the most vicious things the WTS has said about the UN over the last 50 years? LOL, I know, it would be hard to cull down such a list...but my gut tells me that these folks seeing such quotes would make them seethingly mad, and (within the limits of their own non-disclosure agreements, if any) much more willing to open up the documentation.

In any case: hawkaw, I/we can't thank you enough for all the efforts (mostly all behind the scenes ) that you, and folks like you, do.

Sincerest respects,

Craig

• jwsons
    jwsons

I like to see this idea works. BUT, I really don't like The WacoTower and Dark Society give UN hard time. They can sue UN if UN expose the secrecy files. This is the law. Whenever an organization register with UN, the private file can not be exposed. WTS need money.

jwsons

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    They can sue UN if UN expose the secrecy files. This is the law. Whenever an organization register with UN, the private file can not be exposed.

Not quite. There is NO policy or resolution at the UN that covers this. And that's the problem - there is no real written regulaated policy. As I have told you, the UN will release the files in certain circumstances that do end up in public in the Court system. They can also release the files after they have been "redacted" to protects ones rights and freedoms - and don't think they don't know that. Finally the magazines contained in the WTS files were already released to the public for crying out loud.

I agree this is a long shot but pressure is what made Hoeffel snap back in October, 2001 to send me the first letter. It was more pressure that caused the second letter in 2002 by the Acting Head of DPI. Finally more pressure late last year and early this year brought out the Internet posting. So hey if Hoeffel put that letter on the UN's web site we may get another letter, a UN press release and/or the actual list of magainze articles the WTS disemminated for the UN.

hawk

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I side with Mulan on this one. I'm concerned that it may irritate them to the point they pull "the letter" off of their web page.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Why would they pull the letter when the letter was put on the Internet in an attempt to stem the flow of calls, Emails, facsimiles and letters?

If anything they will refuse or they, as governments usually do will partially release more stuff. That's how it works.

hawk

• Stealth
    Stealth

I think there would be a better chance of taking up a collection for a bribe to some low level secretery to make photo copies of the documents and smuggle them out.

• badboy
    badboy

U R WORSE THAN ME!

• badboy
    badboy

aFTER thought;Would the WT sue the UN,after all the publicity generated would B very embassing(sp?) stating in court that U were in bed with BEAST 666!

• acsot
    acsot
    How about including a short selection (say, maybe a half-dozen or so) of the most vicious things the WTS has said about the UN over the last 50 years? LOL, I know, it would be hard to cull down such a list...but my gut tells me that these folks seeing such quotes would make them seethingly mad, and (within the limits of their own non-disclosure agreements, if any) much more willing to open up the documentation.

I agree with the above; Hawk, I've only glanced at the letter and since the boss expects me to work a bit today, I've printed up the letter and will go over it at home this evening. If I can I'll post any comments then, or at the latest tomorrow morning.

Getting politically involved? Geesh, I'm also writing to my member of parliament about an issue I'm concerned with, now the UN? Gawd almighty I'm doomed for sure. If only that lottery ticket I bought would win me some money.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Okay. I have recieved a few more comments and await a couple more. So I will post the final letter tomorrow.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit