SUGGESTED LETTER CAMPAIGN TO GET THE UN TO RELEASE THE WTS FILE

by hawkaw 72 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

It's a great letter. I certainly will send it out.

Devon

• Max Divergent
  • SYN
    SYN

Sign me up!!! If we can get them to release THAT...wow...it would be like a tsunami...!

• joenobody
    joenobody

Very well written letter...

One thought occurs to me: the ever-opportunistic WTS would spin the UN posting all of that information on their NGO application as the very fulfillment of the prophecies that the United Nations would turn on Jehovah's people. I am dead serious that they may indeed take that approach and use it to feed the persecution complex.

• Mulan
    Mulan

They said it was confidential. I don't think a letter campaign will do much but irritate them.

• dustyb
    dustyb

personally i think its a good idea, because its INTERNATIONAL law that we're violating, and since the WTS is just a national corporation, i think it'll work =D i was thinking about that, and there's not really anything that the watchtower can do because they have substations, but they're only affiliated with each other and such. it'll work by god it'll work! all the UN has to break is their word...

• DIM
    DIM

I understand your need to let people know what happened, but honestly, it barely made a dent when it was fresh and exciting news 2 1/2 years ago, so whats the point? Active JW's who believe in it don't listen to a word of this stuff anyway, you must realize that.

• catchthis
    catchthis

If the UN and the WTS will not release the original forms, why not try for the next best thing? How about trying to contact other NGO's that signed up around the same year and that still have current ties to the DPI? They don't need to send full copies of their registration, just blacked out versions of them if they want to.

Was the UN ever asked if they had any original blank applications they could give out from 1991 or 2001? Those might show the requirements also in black and white.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Catchthis -

Great idea, except the application forms and requirements are online, so it really is not those we would like to see. What we want to know is who from the WT is involved in getting the borg affiliated with the UN. That information would only be available through documents the UN has on file.

BTW - Welcome to the forum! Love your avatar!

Hawk -

I re-read the letter and think that although it is long, there really isn't much that can be cut - as someone earlier mentioned, every point you make is important. I think it is best left intact. What do you think?

Joe -

One thought occurs to me: the ever-opportunistic WTS would spin the UN posting all of that information on their NGO application as the very fulfillment of the prophecies that the United Nations would turn on Jehovah's people. I am dead serious that they may indeed take that approach and use it to feed the persecution complex.

You are right - there are many who may never look at this, or who may believe this is all a part of WT persecution. But there are some who will take notice - and some who will see the light and be able to make an informed decision about the cult that runs their life as to whether or not they want to still belong. If they choose to stay - that is their *informed* choice - but others may leave. I don't think there will be a mass exodus, but if even one person's eyes are opened to this heinous religion, then the time will not be wasted. I appreciate and even agree with your dose of realism, but if we don't try, we will never know the outcome. I am willing to put in a small effort such as writing a letter like this in hopes of something good coming out of it, than sitting back and speculating that nothing will ever happen. Change does not come when we are complacent.

My .02,

growedup

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Just my gut feeling on this - but I tend to agree with Mulan. There are policies/laws on confidentiality. We have already achieved an incredible - and completely legal - victory in regard to getting the facts on this matter. I don't believe that there the UN will be motivated to break confidentiality rules for us. And I also feel that having photocopies would be of limited usefulness.

Don't get me wrong - of all people, I don't want to tear down the campaign - but I thought I'd give you my gut reaction.

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit