Thou shalt not stayeth at the Day's Inn

by RunningMan 41 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

And God spake unto his people, ?Thou shalt not stayeth at the Days Inn?.

What, you ask, am I talking about? Well, last week at my Mother in Law?s meeting, a letter was read, which was subsequently relayed to us (and any other heathens who might have transgressed the list of holy hotels). It was from the assembly committee.

Apparently, some have had the audacity to stay at the Day?s Inn (a new hotel, close to the assembly) which is not on the list of official hotels. Many persons have asked for it to be included, so the boys on the committee approached the hotel and made them an offer they couldn?t refuse. The hotel replied that they don?t need to give a discount, because the get a lot of Witnesses anyway. So, after a thorough spanking of anyone who has already made reservations, the letter asked the congregation to write to the hotel and inform them that they will be avoiding their hotel until they play ball with the brothers.

My mother in law is of the opinion that staying at the hotel would be to defy Jehovah himself. And they wonder why no one takes them seriously.

• desib77
    desib77

Everyone knows, if you don't follow theocratic order and stay at hotels on "the list" you will burn in hell!!!!

Oops, seem to be getting my religons confused...

• shotgun
    shotgun

They should live in tents like Abraham....

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

This was one pf my pet peeves when I was in the org. There was a hotel attached to the convention center we used that would no longer play ball with the brothers because the witnesses were coming either way. A number of bros were reproved for using it anyway. I knew one MS who stayed at this hotel in defiance of the society who effectively told us to "shun" this and other hotels for their non-cooperation. This MS was severely disabled and it would have been very difficult for him to stay at a hotel farther away. He was deleted as a MS and pioneer, and disfellowshipped about a month later because he wouldn't let the matter drop. He was eventually reinstated about 3 months later.

I had this argument with my wife and some elders many times too. I work for my money, and it is not the Society's place to tell me where I may or may not spend it.

Period.

Walter

• Gopher
    Gopher

Even though it's against the rules to stay at the "Days Inn", the convention will be a big "Daze-in".

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    "Daze-in".

Make that a "Doze-in"

• blondie
    blondie

I was told that is some areas, elders go over and watch who comes out of those contraband hotels. Either there is eye recognition or some JWs even are so bold as to wear their badges.

Then those elders send a letter to the BOE of their congregations. One time they found out that half the BOE in one congregation were staying there.

Blondie

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

Yes, "running ahead of Jehovah's Organization" by staying at a hotel not sanctioned by the boys is a form of "independent thinking". Yikes!

I worked in the hotel industry for years, and I hated "groups" then, I hate "groups" now. They are such a pain in the butt and between the group reservationist and the group leader setting up the group rez, things rarely went smooth to begin with. I much prefer to pay a couple extra bucks rather than have to deal with the crap at a group rate.

H

• Satanus
    Satanus

During my last two yrs in, i stayed at nondesignated hotels. It must be a sign of becoming apostate.

SS

• Xena
    Xena

lol must be SS...we did the same thing at the last assembly we went to....I felt so naughty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit