Thou shalt not stayeth at the Day's Inn

by RunningMan 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    When you say "poopy" what exactly are you referring too Sir?

It just means that someone dropped a Baby Ruth in the pool.... don't worry... the chlorine keeps it safe to eat... so just grab'em and enjoy!

• Odrade
    Odrade

Hmmm, no crime, no time. BUT I think it's a crime that I can get a better rate at a non-approved Marriott by using the internet pricing, than the prices on the list. Some of those hotels are really shitty too. Last year (last convention we will ever attend-YAY!) we didn't decide which one we were attending until a few weeks before when the list had already "expired." We got online to find a hotel and the prices we got were consistently $10-20/night less.

Pissed me off too, because what about the poor JWs who can't really afford 3-4 nights in a hotel with their family who could save some $$ AND stay in a not-shitty hotel if they just ignored the list. Better yet...take a REAL vacation!

O

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

OK, here's a cool reversal of the discount room thing:

This woman I used to work with was an inactive JW. Her mom used to bring her the literature, so she knew when all the assemblies were. So, she and her hubby (a 7th day Adventist) would just check the list when they wanted to go on a weekend getaway, then call the hotel and say she was a witness, in order to get the discount. No, they did not attend the assembly.

But it always made me wonder why someone would choose to stay in a building full of dubs in order to save, what, like ten bucks? Especially when she would run into people she knew, she said it was always uncomfortable, but she said she got a kick out of it anyway. Huh, maybe that's where all the rooms went!

• Scully
    Scully

I always wondered how members of the GB could afford to stay in the nicest hotels when they went to conventions all over the world to give public talks, on their $90/month stipend.

Meanwhile my parents had to pinch pennies every single day in order to be able to afford to stay at crappy "approved list hotels" (we once stayed at a motel that featured dead - squished - moths on the walls and food from previous guests under the beds) so we wouldn't miss out on all that Fine Spiritual Food? at the District Convention. The competition to get into hotels close to the convention venue was fierce among the R&F, but strangely enough, all the elders managed to get reservations when Joe and Jane Publisher were told that there were no rooms left at those same hotels right after the list was made available at the Thursday night meeting.

I'm so glad I never have to do that again!

Love, Scully

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

This whole thing almost sounds as when Jesus came to earth and large sums of money were made by the Pharisees by making Jews from the world (world was much smaller then today) to have to purchase animals for sacrifices, pay annual temple taxes, take a series of "ritual baths" before entering the temple to worship and offer all kinds of money exchangers at the temple for traveling Jews convienience!

Religon then and today is nothing but a polictical, business machine with that have totally lost sight of thier goal.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Actually i have had two (2) bad experiences with Days Inn in the last 2 years, and i wouldn't stay at their crappy place anyhow. one time the room we stayed in had a smoke detector that had been dismantled(so somone could smoke) it had no amenites, and the next time we booked through hotel.com and b/c we were a few minutes late cancelling, they made us pay for the nijght and were free to use the room anyhow. So now Hotel.com and Days Innn are on my boycott list.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

My ex and I got a Day's Inn at this one convention, and the room was positively nasty. We didn't stay. Went to the local Marriot which was not on the list, but was heavenly by comparison. Got a few bad looks the next day when people asked whree we were staying. By day three a lot of them had moved over to Marriott. If the society ain't racketeering, then they need to hire the good folks at hotwire.com to get them better deals.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit