The UN Posts Their Letter!

by jgnat 168 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

It has been an excellent week on the Apostate front, with this letter re. the UN, along with news of the work of Amazing.

Heartiest congratulations to all who have worked tirelessly with either or both of these endeavours.

cheeses - with all sincerity.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

If there are no objections, I'd like to C&P Marvin Shilmer's "cover page" box and send /email it to a few places where it should be noticed!

Hugs,

Annie

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Why does Cbew's post have "Posters PC may have Spyware" in the background?

What's Spyware?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I posted that link in a dub room and you wouldn't believe the stupid replies I got from deluded dubs that JUST WON'T GET IT!!

elvis_presley_o_baby: well bob I guess that the WTS was keping an eye on the wild beast to keep us informed of the last days and what was going on

• SYN
    SYN

They were doing a hell of a lot more than just keeping an eye!

That's like when you bust the plumber doing some interior grouting on your wife and he says, "Aw, shucks, man, I was just keepin' an eye on her, honest to God!"

• jgnat
    jgnat

I got a reply to my letter to the UN!

It is a thing of beauty, an obvious form letter perhaps churned out by the hundreds (thousands?). I feel so special.... What follows is the full text of the letter. There is a tone of desperation about it. I get the feeling they would love to turn off the tap, if they could just find the source. Why not take up Paul Hoeffel's suggestion, and write the WTBTS instead?

30 March 2004

Dear Ms. XXXX,

I have been advised of your request for information regarding the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and its association with the United Nations Department of Public Information. Either directly or through other UN offices, we continue to receive duplicate requests for information and we have posted the relevant information, as permitted in acordance with UN procedures, on our web site www.un.org/dpi/ngosection .

While we appreciate your concerns, please note that this is an internal affair of your organization and, as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is no longer associated with the United Nations, you must resolve the matter within your organization.

Please share this information with your colleagues, as we are no longer able to address the requests regarding this matter on an individual basis.

Thank you for your interest in the work of the United Nations.

Sincerely,

<signature>

Paul Hoeffel
    Chief
    NGO Section
    Department of Public Information

• jwsons
    jwsons

bttt

• jgnat
    jgnat

bttt