You guys aren't kidding, are you?

by Ghosthunter 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Regarding the "Memorial Time Visits".

Here it is, Sunday morning. I haven't taken a shower, my hair's up in a pony-tail and I'm cleaning the house. My dogs start going wild and I look out the window to see a four-door car pull up in my driveway. As soon as I see someone in a suit open the door, I knew who was visiting. Unfortunately, I didn't have a speech prepared and I just didn't answer the door. My husband was in the shower, or he would have taken the two to TASK!

It's my fault, though, let me explain. Two years ago, two sisters showed up at my door and I answered it. I explained that I had been disfellowshipped for many years and that I was not interested in going back to the KH. That set off a series of "elder visits" to my door. The first time they came, my husband politely, but firmly, told them to leave. I was (literally) having a panic attack and made him answer the door. The second time they came, my husband was just plain mad and told them, not so politely, that if they didn't leave immediately he would have them arrested for trespassing. They left. That was about a year or so ago.

I'm pretty sure the ones that showed up today were elders. I wish I wasn't such a chicken-sh*t and answered the door myself and told them off. Damn!

GH

• freedom96
    freedom96

Plan ahead for the next visit, and have some fun with them!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I don't get this...what part of "LEAVE ME ALONE" don't they get?

Don't they think if we wanted to go back we know the way?

It seems like as soon as they find out you are an ex-jw they have to work extra hard to try and save you...where as if you were a regular worlding and just said, "no thanks" they'd leave it at that...

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((Ghosthunter)))

you don't have to ever talk to them again. You don't owe them anything. If & when you feel comfortable to ever talk to them, then do so. But DON"T ever feel any guilt over how you react to JWs.

Love yourself. That's the first thing to do.

Hugs,

Joy

• kls
    kls

Remember you owe them nothing,the nicer you are the more attemps they will make to come back. Show them the nasty side and they will leave with their bibles between their legs.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Just open the door while your husband stands behind you holding a bucket of water. When they say Hi, you just step to the side as your husband tosses the water on them

They won't be back.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Can you get a restraining order against them? That would cool their jets.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Joyzabel is right, Stand tall and do not fear.

But if you wish to stop the visits, verbal words may not work . They may turn up in the future and say something like " You may have changed your mind?" or "You may have moved?"

If a brief letter were sent to the Kingdom Hall , saying what you said on this board and threatening Legal Action if they ignore your express wish, or threaten anything you like. That ought to work for at least a decade..

• patio34
    patio34

Ha! Not answering your door was smart, imo. Ans'g the door is an invitation to them.

Could you put a discreet sign on your door

"No solicitors, No Jehovah's Witnesses"

with a date on it? That would stop them. Plus, what Blues Brothers suggested, a letter to their kingdom hall.

Face-to-face confrontation is unneccessary and they have a nerve walking up to your door. It's your home and they are violating your stated preference from the last visit.

It doesn't seem chicken s**t to me to avoid a confrontation on Sunday morning that will upset your day. They are not worth it and you probably would just make their day. Haha, don't cast your pearls before swine, etc.

Pat

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Or put up a sign:

NEVER MIND THE DOG

I'VE GOT A MOSSBERG 410

PISTOL GRIPPED PUMP

WITH JWS MARKED ON

THE SHELLS!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest