PASSION of the Christ

by myownsaviorthankyoumuch 60 Replies latest social entertainment

• berten
    berten

I found the following to be an interesting article about this movie:

(Which does not mean I agree with everything in it.It is just food for thought)

http://www.savethemales.ca/000351.html

They think it has a Satanic angle,and if you think it through they might have a reason,

because the emphasis during the whole movie is on pain and suffering.

And satanists love to see other people suffer,and now they have a 2 hour movie seeing pain inflicted upon their greatest enemy.

There is also some strange symbolism in it:

>"As the Roman soldiers are beating Jesus, the female Satan is suddenly seen gliding through the crowd opposite the Virgin Mary. Suddenly, >as she emerges from behind the body of a soldier, you can see that she is carrying a very white child. Since the movie has... juxtaposed >scenes of the Virgin Mary and of the female Satan, and since Satan is dressed in the same type of Virgin Mother outfit, this demonic scene >must be intended to depict a Virgin Mother - Divine Child scenario.... The baby suddenly turns to look upon Jesus' brutal beating with great >glee..."

I don't remember any passage in the bible about this...

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I did not think that Satan in this movie was a female, or woman,,,,the voice was a mans, the hands were a mans,,,,the face looked femine to me thou, but not necessarly a woman.......the shaved eyebrows , pale face, delicate features, blue eyes, maybe that is why .

I wonder why some see Satan in this movie as a femine , weird looking male, others say it is a woman?

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I saw it a couple days ago. I have a Jewish background. I thought the movie as a whole was Beautiful visually. I dont think too much was added to the movie. I found it to be almost verbatum to the Gospels, and the majority of the dialoge was directly quoted.. I think the violence was a bit over-played. All in all though I think it was brillant. I'm not emotionally attached to any particular religion at the moment, so I dont think I was particualry moved by it. It certainly isnt for those with weak stomachs though.

• myownsaviorthankyoumuch
    myownsaviorthankyoumuch

Lyineyes, i am one of those movie goers that sits through the credits if i like the movie, or if something catches my attention and i want to know who was responsible for what i liked, in this particular case, i stayed for the credits cuz i thought satan was beautiful, and in all reality it makes sense, cuz wasnt Lucifer the most beautiful angel ever created? before i digress i have a fascination for the grotesque, i was intrigued by the character and i wanted to know who the actor was, turns out when i read the credits it was a woman's name next to satan, thus all the reference to satan being a woman in this film

myownsaviorthankyoumuch

Berten, of which satanists do you refer to when you say "they love to see people suffer", Anton LaVey's or Jerry Springer's??? what i did find strange was how the PhD who wrote the article in your link made the connection of the masonic eye to jesus' one shut eye, a bit of a reach i think, i do have to say though, that while watching, i could imagine how in between takes the joking that usually goes on could have reached some incredible heights of offensiveness for some, i am a fan of south park and off colored jokes, so personally i would not have been too affected, but i can only imagine

myownsaviorthankyoumuch

sentinel interesting point on why mel may have done the movie, i hadnt quite seen that angle of it how he directed everyone, but i can see how it could be highly possible, good one

• berten
    berten

>...Berten, of which satanists do you refer to when you say "they love to see people suffer"...

The one's who are into ritualistic child abuse ...

• wednesday
    wednesday

well i'll say this, the Satan person had a homosexual persona to me. Maybe i am the only one who thought that, but my hubby thought so too.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Wednesday , I don't know about the Homosexual thing,,,,,,,,,( except the little oldman baby thing?) that was just creepy. But I saw Satan as a man, with femine facial features, but not a female . I need to see it again on some parts that I didnt get, I dont want to say to much about those until everyone has seen it. These are the things that Mel put in ,,,,,,,he own ideas I am sure. Just little visual things .

Maybe Satan was represented in the way he was , because he was once a beautiful angel, and it was in such a physical opposite of what Jesus looked liked in the movie.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

They've released a new trailer to appeal to non-christians.

http://killchrist.singlereel.com/

Edited due to trailer being taken down due to pressure from Mel's company.

-

Ignored One.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit