who has any good jw memories?

by ambush23 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yxl1
    yxl1

I was shunned pretty much from the start. Forbiden to talk to non-dubs, ignored by my peers. I did this for 15 years. The only good memory I have is the first time I met my wife...and the tight blue dress she was wearing!

• laurelin
    laurelin

I really can't remember many in the late seventies and early eighties. Although there were the occassional beach parties (one actually) and a few walks on the moor (three if memory serves correctly).

But other than that, as kids we didn't 'associate' with the other children in the congregation.... the only other kids (6 of them) were one family and they didn't 'need' anyone else, let alone the poor kids from the village. And then another family moved in from Portsmouth and the fun really began! They rubbed this other family up the wrong way everytime. They've mostly moved on, died or left the truth now (their names are still mentioned with marked distain) but they were a great family and really took us two in (my brother and I) and we had some great (but highly dodgy times together).

They were a big family as well and the rule "Survival of the fitness" was their motto. Mealtimes were a free for all but they were HAPPY and it showed! I still remember them ( and their nicknames) with fondess.... but unfortunatly time goes on, people grow up and things change. Life sucks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit