who has any good jw memories?

by ambush23 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

The seventies were fun. We had gatherings and bus outings where liquor and beer flowed with disco music pounding in the back. Even the Bethelites joined in the fun. But as I have stated before the eighties came in and the society was turned into a corporation/boot camp and the days of fun were gone like a stack of yellow Watchtowers. A bunch of jack booted wing tipped white collared self righteous boobs came along and cracked the whip and the fun times were over.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have lots of fun memories, growing up a JW. I had tons of friends, and we had great parties.............well chaperoned, but still lots of fun. The parents of my friends were great people, and I would have to just say things were a lot looser in the 50's and 60's.

Conventions were great fun................making more friends from all over the country. I have no regrets for that part of my life. What I regret is the way we raised our kids in the 70's, 80's and 90's without the freedom I had.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Growing up, I did not have much freedom. But it was nice to occassionally have a friend that would sneak around and be just as bad as you...and keep secrets.

• flower
    flower

Not many good memories but we did have a few big congregational picnics at our house when we were kids that were a blast.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I do have one good memory.I returned to the JW's when I was 19.(DUMB) I liked a girl that was 17 in the congo.We used to have fun and do things in a group like was recommended at the time.We went roller skating and had group parties.I think in the year or so that I saw the girl I may have put kissed her a few times.My god we were PURE.

However her dear old Dad who was a STRONG elder found out about what was happening.He pulled me aside and told me in no uncertain terms that if I didn't stop seeing his daughter he would see to it that I would be DISFELLOWSHIPPED.

This was the first time I learned about POWER and how things really work in the WT .

• Flash
    Flash

The few good friends I had. There still part of the Collective, even so, they're good people like us they're just mislead and confused. I still think of them with fondness.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Thats funny JW I had a crew of Witness double lifers I hung out with. We did it all, drinking, graffitti writing, cutting school. And to this day no one ever ratted no one else out,

• flower
    flower

I hated the kids that were leading a double life..but I never ratted any of them out. I figured if Jehovah sees all what does he need me to tell for.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I thought the same thing Flower, I didnt do wrong for along time, trying to be a good girl. When I knew of others doing things,,,,, I thought the way you did,,,,,,,,Jehovah knows already...lol. You made me laugh saying it the way you did Flower.......hehe.

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

I am not df'd I was never baptized.

1)There was one guy that I got along with real well. Unfortunately he was a couple years older and got disfellowshipped before I left. Doug Craft or Doug Kraft I dont remember the spelling. I was so surprised when I was getting to know him because I had never met a dub kid that was as bad as I was. He would swear, look at dirty magazines, drink, make explosives, play heavy metal, fight. I havnt seen him since before I left.

2)Watching the other JW kids go from incredible wieners to fairly rebelous.

I remember in the 6th grade a group of girls that I didnt recognize walked by me and said "hi (my name)." It was like the first week of middle school and I had been in the town less than a year, "Who the f***?"

And then they all gasped and were shocked and then I realized 'Aw s***'

This is where the good part comes. I noticed one of the other girls that wasnt there came on my bus and was sitting near me. I was thinking to myself 'what is Jennifer (pretty but retarded self righteous bizotch) doing here?'

As I neared my stop she finally said something to me, "Christina says you said a bad word."

"What?!?"

"Christina says you said a bad word."

"What?!?" I know what she is saying but I dont believe it. She thinks I cant hear her because the bus is noisy. After about the 4th time she repeated herself, she finally said "Nothing, nevermind."

Christina my narc turned out to be a party chick in highschool. She was the only one that was at all "bad" from that little group. I was still way too much for her though. Joanna Hilly and her older sister left but I didnt really know them at all. Joanna was really hot, I should have tried to pick her up later on. So out of about 20 JW kids at my congregation only 5 left, me, my sister, doug, joanna, her sister, and one guy died. He was bad too but he "repented" before he died.

I cant remember Joanna's sister's name. She was also really good looking but much more Indian looking and much longer hair. I didnt even know they were sisters. Joanna looked so Anglo. She apparently did not want to be at the hall anymore though. I got a kick out of her tactics. She was like sixteen. She obviously didnt care. I had no idea any of this was coming but she just started making noise one day. And then her mother would put her hand on her mouth. And when she moved it she would make the same noise again instantly. She was laughing and smiling. It worked apparently because thats the last time I ever saw her. I thought she was crazy until I started doing the same thing and then I understood.

Then there was this kid Brandon I think was his name. He was a year younger. This was in the 5th grade. We were going to his apartments to go swimming. He asked me what I would tell my mom about something and for the sake of simplicity I said I would just tell her something else. And he responded after a moment of confusion "That would be a lie." voice going up at end.

"What?!?"

3) Bethany Bradshaw . I still cant believe she was only a year older than me. She was perfect. Didnt know her though. She married some dub.

4)Then there was the one morning when I was 14 or 15, probably 15. Some new really good looking voluptuous woman in the congregation was out in service and came to my door with another sister. Immediately my eyes were drawn to her really low cut dress, really low cut. She was a few inches shorter than me. She had puffy black hair, blue eyes and a big smile. I know she knew I lived there. And this was back in those days when I did not yet realize you can tell where someone is looking when they are looking at you. She seemed to get a kick out of it. Man, I can only wonder what if.

5)The roast beef sandwiches at the assemblies and conventions.

6) Jason Holmes was a bad apple but he is still loyal as far as I know. Although he barely attends. Poor guy he was pretty cool we would be friends. I should hit him up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit