who has any good jw memories?

by ambush23 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ambush23
    ambush23

any stories about fun u actaully had in the orginazation?

• moses
    moses

Yes I had some fun growing up with the witnesess at social gatherings roller skating partys and sports I did enjoy their association it was just that they looked at you differently if you were not baptized and also that they love to gossip,but I have to say we had some nice get togethers.The rank and file are nice people it is just those that are higher up sometimes can be a little holy roly.

• ambush23
    ambush23

so true,

• ambush23
    ambush23

my most fond jw story involves a distict convention in fort worth, lsd and a elders daughter

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Plenty of them.

In my first countryside congregation, nice simple people enjoying to spend time together and have fun besides "theocratic" activities... grand alternative to my pretty screwy "family".

In Bethel, a lot of interesting and witty people, much more open than people would think from outside, who really broadened my views.

So many cherished faces.

One silent threat behind all of this: you must not change; you must not betray. Or you'll lose everything.

I changed. I betrayed. I just couldn't help it.

Silly as it is, that's life.

• ambush23
    ambush23

who really wants a paradise on earth?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Yep! The wedding receptions with all the cakes, ice cream and more food than one could pack away.. Come to think of it, all the "fond" memories had to do with food.The rest sucked!

carm

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Hey I was an elder's daughter Ambush,,,,,yeah I know, Preacher's kids are the worst.......so they say.... I was an . I aint even ,,,,,,,gonna lie.

Yeah I had some good times,,,,,,,,,,like others said it was mostly at the "get togethers", until they tried to stop that by saying we couldnt have large gatherings.

I used to go Rollerskating with the young dubs when I cleaned the whole house, cooked dinner, and the horse stalls were done........ geeshhhhhhhh. It was all innocent fun ,,,,,,,,but my dad found fault with it because there was a JW boy there that , he knew I had a fancy for.......I never told my dad that....he would have slapped me in the face and I would have been locked in my room.......really. But he sensed it and I couldnt go anymore.

Do you wonder why JW kids learn to sneak around? If you didnt you thought you might as well crawl in a hole and die.

There were many good friends, who kept your secrets as JW kids and thank goodness for that.

Girls just wanna have fun!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

For all the ex Jw ladies, who were once GIRLS..........oh if we could go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN
    Cyndi Lauper
    She's So Unusual

I come home in the morning light
    My mother says when you gonna live your life right
    Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones
    And girls they want to have fun
    Oh girls just want to have fun

The phone rings in the middle of the night
    My father yells what you gonna do with your life
    Oh daddy dear you know you're still number one
    But girls they want to have fun
    Oh girls just want to have -

That's all they really want
    Some fun
    When the working day is done
    Girls - they want to have fun
    Oh girls just want to have fun

Some boys take a beautiful girl
    And hide her away from the rest of the world
    I want to be the one to walk in the sun
    Oh girls they want to have fun
    Oh girls just want to have

That's all they really want
    Some fun
    When the working day is done
    Girls - they want to have fun
    Oh girls just want to have fun,
    They want to have fun,
    They want to have fun....

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

The day I realized I need to fade away...that was one good jw memory!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit