UK rules on divorcng a man who ignores me....

by SM62 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reboot
    reboot

((((((Terri)))))) you could also phone a solicitor and as if you can have a meeting with him/her to discuss it all-they usually give you half an hour or so free.

Hope you get some clear answers- oh, and you could always speak to the witness as they come in to use your home and as they leave to ask whether the facilities were alright......... I find nothing annoys people who shun me as much as me being gracious and talking nicely to them...

• metatron
    metatron

First, consider all of the consequences. Do nothing in haste.

Is divorce what you really want? Can you leave your husband? Will you be better off?

What about finances?

If you still want to go ahead on this path, I would frankly and politely talk to your husband

about your needs and what he wants. If the relationship is to continue, many changes

will have to be made. Can he change or is it hopeless?

All this said, you sound a bit like you're enslaved - and I'd raise hell with ANYONE,

face to face, if they treated me badly in MY OWN HOME - or offered insulting suggestions

anywhere else.

Jehovah's Witnesses get away with bad manners and rudeness because too many

weak, milk-toast people let them get away with it.

Let me leave you with the advice of a older sister who got exasperated with her

elder husband's position. Concerning other Witnesses she had to deal with,

she said "for years I've had to put up with them, now they're going to have to put up

WITH ME!"

and that's just what she did!

metatron

• SM62
    SM62

The situation is quite complicated - we have been married decades and have children and grandchildren. Some family members are JWs, most aren't. I just hate feeling so bad every week knowing I have gone out of my way to make the place comfy for them even though they wouldn't give me the time of day. Plus, my husband can be so weird and is such a complete control freak (he was like this before we became JWS) and he thinks I should do what he says, whether I am a JW or not. I feel so worthless and depressed at the moment and I just go through the motions. I have good days and bad days. I have never been happy with him, in all the past 25 years, I just got swept along at a very young age (married at 17).

What do I do now?

Terri

• SM62
    SM62

By the way

Everyone that has replied to this thread is a pure diamond and I love you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

T

• simplesally
    simplesally

Do you have a job? Will you have enough money to support yourself if you two have split everything all up?

Start thinking about being independant and how you can make it work. I would immediately stop setting up the book study. I would not buy their coffee, tea or cookies. I would clean my house and that's it.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for your pm I have answered it. You hang in there now!!!! NO MAN is worth leading a miserable life... He is not aware of what he is doing to you..... Hey how about a trip to Canada????? I will put you up---- Take you to visit all the nice spots Niagaria Falls etc"""" you need a rest !!!!(((((((((((((HUGS))))) Grace

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

{{{{{{{{{{SM62}}}}}}}}}}

I hear ya, girl......................been there, done that..............

Terri

• SM62
    SM62

Thanks,

From one Terri to another - I appreciate your love, girl.

xxxTerriXXX

• Faraon
    Faraon

I would start by having some "wordly" friends come over when they have their meetings. Preferably some long-bearded males and some ladies scantly clothed. It would help if they have tatoos and wear inverted pentagrams or devil worshipping symbols. Make sure they have never been in the trooth if you don´t want to be disfellowshipped. You can always claim that you see them as prospective studies.

Make sure that you keep a diary listing who and how you were shunned, and your expenses in entertaining them. They should be tax deductible since they are in the business of religion and anyway you are not participating socially.

You have your rights too!

That´s just for starters. I am sure your imagination can go wild after this.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Terri:
    You've got mail...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit