UK rules on divorcng a man who ignores me....

by SM62 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SM62
    SM62

My husband expects me to have the group study here in our house. which I do. We have always had the group study, plus 3 field service groups. I clean the room, buy the tea/coffee/biscuits/cakes. I make sure there is enough toilet role in the loo. I buy the sugar. I tidy the room, hoover it, put out the chairs - mainly because I don't want the JWs to call me a slob.

He goes out for hours on end. He never tells me where he is going. He basically treats me quite badly, does not support me financially, BUT he is in good standing in the cong and I am shunned (YES - even those who come to my house for the book study still shun me)

Do I have grounds for divorce?

Terri

• kat2u
    kat2u

I would say whose "grounds" are you looking for?The jws grounds ?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If you are shunned I assume you are DAd or DFd -- why do you give a shit about "grounds" -- I also do not understand why you are allowed the privilege of a group in your house - when I was an elder if someone lived in a house where there was somebody who was shunned - no meetings for field service or groups would be had in that house and certainly no CO would be allowed to stop there. YES YOU HAVE GROUNDS FOR DIVORCE - I would not put up with shitty treatment like that

• garybuss
    garybuss

You have gounds for murder.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I suggest we all write to Belthel & asked "when did Jehovahs change the rules !! He never allowed bible groups in DA or Dfs homes??? Even if the man was in good standing....I would put your foot down & say" thats it I have taken enough s t."

• SM62
    SM62

I am not DFd or DAd - just shunned. I have had malicious gossip spread about me just because I don't go to the meetings any more. I don't spread my own teachings, I keep myself to myself - the elders are angry because an elder's wife told me 'If it wasn't for you, your husband would be an elder and even more by now' They feel I am in the way and want to match him up with a local pioneer sister who I know he quite likes. I just feel like sh......t

T

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I think she's looking for legal advice, guys, not rhetoric...

SM62:
    Start with the Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB), for totally free and confidential advice, then qualify what they say by going to a solicitor (who is obliged to proved the first 30 minutes advice for free), preferably who specializes in family law.

The ground is called "Unreasonable behaviour", but can only be applied where there is an irreconcilable breakdown of the relationship. It's hard to prove, though. The alternative is a minimum of two years separated (five, if he contests it).

Things are slightly different South of the border, but that's the general idea.

• SM62
    SM62

Thanks all - esp. LT - I will contact CAB cos I can't go on like this any more.

xx

Terri

• simplesally
    simplesally

I think you are quite hospitable to do all this for those ingrates even tho they have marked you.

• shotgun
    shotgun

((((((((((Terri)))))))))))

I am constantly amazed how badly so many men treat their wives.....

Littletoe has given some good advice...I know that's not unusual for him...he's a pretty smart cookie..or maybe he's just kookie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit