NIT-PICK

by Hunyadi 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

I am riding on the same bus carrying a butt-load of X-JW's who take exception to the lies and mind-F@#%ing of the org. I was blasted by some for asserting that there are hidden and subliminal images in the illustrations used in the WT publications, and that is fine. I also understand that there are more important issues than hidden images in the WT publications. But I simply don't know what to think about frivolous threads pertaining to roof shingles, life insurance and the rotating of tires is kind of petty. Nit-picking. It seems the arrogance some of us lended ourselves to while in the org has carried over to our socalled new freedom since we left the org. We use to think we were better than the rest of those enslaved to babylon because we knew "the truth", and boy did we ever lord it over friends, relatives and aquaintances.

I can't speak for everyone, but I just want to say that I appreciate all those who contribute to this forum who have come away from the org with sincerity and a truer sense of humility and tolorance for everyone . . . including those still inside the org.

Kind Regards,

Hunyadi

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Does the man in your avatar have extremely heavy balls or something?

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

. . . making my point.

• Valis
    Valis

Well Hyundai...maybe you were blasted, or well maybe just castigated and chopped up into little pieces, yet again maybe just kicked in the teeth, or perhaps *LOL* Just kidding..If someone goes after you then by all means take them to task, just don't complain when you can't get the to "see" the same things you do. It sucks when not everyone agrees w/your opinion, but then again you were right about one thing, we shouldn't be better than one another, nor should our opines.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Satanus
    Satanus

Reading your post, tuning into the higher self, dipping into the subconscious to see what is registering there, something jumped out, as it were, from your words and letters ...

I am riding on the same bus carrying a butt-load of X-JW's who take exception to the lies and mind-F@#%ing of the org. I was blasted by some for asserting that there are hidden and subliminal images in the illustrations used in the WT publications, and that is fine. I also understand that there are more important issues than hidden images in the WT publications. But I simply don't know what to think about frivolous threads pertaining to roof shingles, life insurance and the rotating of tires is kind of petty. Nit-picking. It seems the arrogance some of us lended ourselves to while in the org has carried over to our socalled new freedom since we left the org. We use to think we were better than the rest of those enslaved to babylon because we knew "the truth", and boy did we ever lord it over friends, relatives and aquaintances.

You were saying?

SS

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hi Hunyadi

I remember your threads on subliminal images...I didn't comment on them because I had to work too hard to see the images..except for the Rams head...

I find their use of images to control the minds of believers is usually right in your face and doesn't need hidden ones......the death and destruction of men, woman and children who are not JW's are very prominent in all the publications.

This forum is made up of scores of people with different and varied interests and pasts...when I first came on here I wanted to stay in Bible topic and scandal discussions and soon learned I was burning out and needed more variety...unfortunately I can't get any of the woman on the forum to run away with me so I'm content to jump back and forth through the varied threads until one of them changes their mind.

Don't give up what you like but be willing to see that many are at different stages in their life and exit process.

Take care and cut yourself some slack..you deserve it

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

ROTFLMAO @ Saint Satan !!!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Sometime, we just need to vent, and to talk about trivial stuff. Most of the threads have fairly descriptive titles, so if you see something that seems too silly for you to be interested in, simply don't read it. This is not a Kingdom Hall, and we all have the freedom to discuss what we like, and to disagree, and to debate, and to not participate. However, some areas of the forum, such as "Bible Research and Study Articles" may be more suited to your taste, and you may enjoy some of the informative threads you'll find there. It's so nice to know that there is something for everyone, isn't it?

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

I think I agree with Insomniac. Although in all fairness Hunyadi , I may have misunderstood your point. I often do.

As for threads being posted here that seem trivial, well isn't that one of the main reasons this exists? So that when we've left the borg we can stop being the automatons that we were so fastidiously programmed to be. Personally I usually enjoy both the frivolous and serious threads -- but that's just me.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I think the NIT-pick thing is just a human trait--JW or not, but with the micro-managing of our lives in the Org we were well trained in NIT-picking that is for sure.

I think that much of the nit-picking that goes on at this site is for some comic relief--kind of a tongue-in-cheek sarcastic bend on the JW life. A bit of nit-picking does help to put it in perspective for a lot of us because life in the Org was pretty scary and many of us were damaged by it--showing it from it's ridiculous side at many times takes some of the power away from the Org and makes us feel a little sense of relief that we are no longer under their control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit