Join my Union punk rock band...

by Huxley 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

heathen - thanks!

so that is a gibson? awesome, I have wanted a les paul custom forever. Is that USB on it? What about a wifi 802.11g with a powerpack... who needs wires

• heathen
    heathen

Huxely--- I've already written some anti establishment stuff and almost ready to take it to the studio . I don't know why punk would be dead it rocks . All you really have to do is take the same 3 chords played in metal and blues and beat the hell out of them .lol

Sirius dogma-- I'm with you there on want a les paul but I went with jackson last I bought a guitar and pretty happy with it though I think the electronics have some problems .It wouldn't surprise me if that isn't some new technology that I've not heard of . everything is so technical these days . People just don't plug into an amp anymore it's all computerized.

• astro_girl
    astro_girl

I want to contribute to the band too! I will make crude cut and paste flyers (out of real paper images, NO COMPUTER GRAPHICS!), xerox them and hand them out when you guys play New York! You all can crash on the floor of our apartment too! Here's some fond memories I'd like to share: back in the early 80s when I was a "very involved in the scene" hardcore punker, we lived in Brooklyn and we always had bands that played in the city over our place to catch up on some sleep and feed them some super thick deli sandwiches from the Italian place around the block! We put up members of Black Flag, Social Distortion, The Minutemen and that was when D.Boone was still with us, Minor Threat, SSD, GBH, Meatmen, Necros...I could go on and on (but I won't) Some of the best times I can remember were those hc gigs outside of A-7 with 15 bands on the bill and getting home at 6:00 a.m. with some very tired and sweaty rebels against society!

• Huxley
    Huxley

Astro girl, you are my new hero (no sandwich pun intended..)

Damn, you got to meet D.Boon! That's so cool. Did you ever cross paths with anyone from The Gun Club? Just curious because I've been listening to them a lot lately...

I read "Our band could be your life" last year or so..sounds like that was the era of which you speak.

I think my biggest brush with punk greatness was buying a Hansen's natural soda for Mike Watt after a show a few years back.

He was so down to earth, and totally charming.

I can't wait to see the flyers!

Huxley

• heathen
    heathen

So astro girl , how many tattoos and piercings you have ? New York is a rocking town , we don't get much of the variety here in texas it's mostly blues ,country or classic rock bands but we are famous for bands like Pantera and damage plan . Maybe you post your ideas for flyers that would be cool . I'm sure with a name like induced labor this oughta be interesting . Rock on. btw I'm still writing stuff .lol

• astro_girl
    astro_girl

Hi Huxley & Heathen! You are both super cool! I never did meet any members of The Gun Club but "Fire Of Love" was always a fav! No tattoos or piercings (unless you count my earlobes) Back then I think we tended to look more creepy. Pale skin, dark eye makeup, spiked or teased up hair (like Siouxsie). I used to wear my plaid kilt, combat boots, fishnet stockings and whatever band t-shirt was clean. I was a punker since the late 1970s when I heard those life altering bands like Wire (Pink Flag!) The Misfits (we knew the Jersey boys way back in the day), The Damned (we met Dave and the boys one night when they played NYC back in the early 80s, Dave Vanian was good friends with The Misfits and is super cool, very friendly!) Motorhead (we hung out with Philthy Phil and Lemmy when they played in New Jersey at some dive...Phil was the coolest, Lemmy had 2 sleazy broads hanging on him the whole night and this was when Brian Robertson from Thin Lizzy was in the band...he was pretty nasty and sloshed and I remember his nose was really red...but he was in Thin Lizzy so all is forgiven) The Clash, The Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers, The Stooges, New York Dolls, The Ramones (our homegrown favs!), Patti Smith...uh-oh this list could get really really long! After I saw Black Flag for the first time (I think it was around 1980 or 81) it really was an experience never to be forgotten! They were so raw, so intense and so loud! It was like they slapped you in the face with every song they played! There were some really great scenes around the country like DC: Minor Threat, Bad Brains, SOA, Boston: SSD, FUs, Gang Green, Mid-West: Necros, Meatmen, Negative Approach and even Texas had their share with the likes of the Big Boys, The Dicks, MDC and Toxic Shock! Cali of course had tons of great bands (I was on that infamous Saturday Night Live when FEAR played and brought "slam dancers" in for their act) Some of the old flyers I made back then for gigs at CBGB are in a book called "F*cked Up and Photocopied" and it's a great testament to the "do it yourself" spirit and comradery that was so prevalant back then. Those scenes were cemented by dedication, creativity and a lot of bored, frustrated kids giving society and the music industry the finger! It was my whole life back then and I have nothing but fondest memories! Thanks for listening to me ramble on! Astro_Girl

• heathen
    heathen

astro_girl -- do you have any pictures to share , I would love to see them . Sounds like you were having a blast , I was too young to have much experience in the 70S but still managed to talk people into taking me to concerts lol . I did see cheap trick who I thought were really cool and probly the closest thing to punk I ever saw . I remember disco being the craze of which I still like some stuff from the BGs and earth wind and fire . Not ashamed to say it . he he . Are you saying you actually had a part with saturday night live ? Am I to assume you are one of the not ready for prime time players or something ? enquiring minds wanna know .

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Can I just sit on the amp...that will be thumping with bass...and look pretty?

I will be your first groupie...I have the pinned shirt and fishnets already!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

<<<

Now we just need a sturdy touring van...and a star to guide her by...

Can I be the star? Joanna can drive the van! Here's the van:

alt

Woooohoooo girly yo mama has spoken!

Kate

• talesin
    talesin

Man, I never thought of that!! I get to have groupies!! Woo-hoo!!

There ARE male groupies, right?

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit