Describe some the "typical" dubs you would find in nearly every KH

by doodle-v 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

At least every hall I went to had some old guy who was starting to lose it and would sometimes say inappropriate things. Like using bad language ("naughty" words) while making a comment at a watchtower study.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

How about Brother Opera singer-He was an aspiring opera singer before he came into the "troof" so now he just likes to sing the kingdom melodies in vibrato very loud during every meeting.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Just from reading it looks like we have all been to the same KH

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Brother I wanna hold the crying baby. This guy would jump at the chance to hold a crying baby. I thought this was strange until I realized the motive..... get away from the stale kingdumb message.

• ambush23
    ambush23

sister or brother i have to sit in the back room

me, sister or brother who is a bad influnce on the majority of others in the age group

the perfect elder/pioneer wife, but my kids are ALL F#*$ED up

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Sister Cellulita-----comes in late and sits next to you and hogs the arm rest. Out in service makes your car sink to one side. Has 4 kids and always shows up for snack night at the book study.

Brother unemployment-----always has a get rich scheme, trusts in Jah to pay his bills

Brother Electron---knows everything about the science, but is socially lost

Sister elderette-----counsels everyone in the cong, knows all the WT rules.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

LOL@nobody told me

I had sister cellulita in my hall too, she would always show up for snack night and every bring a dish gathering but wouldnt bring anything herself. LOL!

• new light
    new light

Sister Alzheimer: Certifiably insane with about 50-60 years of pionerring under her belt. Comments at studies are always off-topic and self-praising, and sometimes downright offensive. Conductors always called on her and said a smarmy "thank you" after each one.

Sister Dustmask: The old sister who came to meeting three times a year. Wasn't at the rest because of supposed allegies. Had to come to meeting in a dustmask to keep up charade. Probably a failed attempt a fading.

I realize these types were probably not in many of your congregations, but these are real examples from my old cong.

• Lonestar13
    Lonestar13

brother/ sister "repetition-for-emphasis" : The one who reads the entire paragraph over at the watchtower study when giving a comment.

sister over-zealous: usually a pioneer sister who refuses to stop her field service time under any circumstance, hunger, cold, bathroom etc

brother/ sister always-out-of town: usually a pioneer or bethelite couple that are ALWAYS on a cruise, vacation, anything but in town. and in the case of pioneers, they usually have a part time job making very little pay, yet they have a car, an apartment, nice clothes and are always on vacation....hmmmmmmm

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

HEY...NEWLIGHT!!!

We must've been in the same congregation because I knew Sister Alzheim and Sister dustmask too (seriously). Do you remember little sister hive body--who broke out in hives whenever she came into the hall? she wasn't real typical either I don't imagine...

but in the halls I have been too we had:

Brother Obnoxious Joker who while even in a "position" would constantly be telling over the top jokes and would even joke about someones dead grandmother if he had a chance.

Brother--what's his name?...nobody really knows where this guy is from....He hangs around for a short period of time and then mysteriously disappears--later on it is found out he was on the run and the police are looking for him.

Takes all kinds...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit