Describe some the "typical" dubs you would find in nearly every KH

by doodle-v 20 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Sister Self-Rightous Busy Body-- Always has her nose in everyone else's business. Makes a point to ask questions without really asking them like "oh we havent seen you here in a looong tiiiime" and "we miss hearing you comment at the meetings"

Brother Womenizer--Known for dating all the "available" sisters and dumping them

Brother and Sister Young Couple--Got married when they were 19, Sister Young Couple is pregnant with her first 9 months later.

Sister Worldly--Comes to the KH just to socialize, some gossip that she is "bad association"

Sister Faded-- Havent seen her at the hall for two years! (this is me)

Doodle-V

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Brother "on the edge of the world"= Nice enough guy, has a good paying job, nice house or pad, married no children, 3 cars, nice clothes, BUT gives good comments, goes out in service, maybe a MS not going to be an elder

Brother "Rainman"= Nice enough person, but mildly retarded maybe even a Downs syndrome guy. Goes out in service faithfully, maybe even pioneers, can memorize biblical dates, read backwards, BUT cannot read forward, wears old tacky polyster type clothing, gets reproved for masturbation.

Brother "Young and Faithful"= Nice enough young person 15-17 years of age. Jokes with all in the hall, helps the older sisters, cleans hall, gives good talks, has good prospects for the future. BUT if he stays in the truth which 99% of the time doesn't happen he turns into Brother Rainman (see above).

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Brothers who want you to complain to elders (the hierarchy) on their behalf, but conveniently disappear when you have started the ball rolling.

Brothers with a complete lack of principles

Brothers with fear of Men rather than of God

"Yes" men by the dozens

Elders who cannot adhere to their own rulings but counsel you if you don't.

Elders who will tell you the very first time you go out on the ministry with them, "you shouldn't underline your bible brother etc...."

Elders who hate you to have a scriptural answer to the problems they have caused.

Ad infinitum ........................

Kaytee

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Sister sickly------misses all the meetings because she is so ill but can stay up late most nights playing cards and she never misses social functions and man can she dance up a storm.

Wannaexit

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

good ones so far! I knew people like all those you all described!

How bout this one

Sister Stinkum- Everyone knows to stay away from the restroom after she's been in there! peeee-yeeew!

• dustyb
    dustyb

Well, an elder described it the best for me.........people that want to be told what to do.

40+ single brothers: old perverts who like to hit on my 17 year old girlfriend

teenage sisters: pregnant by worldly guys, but allowed to bring their worldly boyfriends (not even married) to the meetings.

teenage brothers: drug users and heavy drinkers, or else really shy and has no public speaking skills (only one brother i know that actually speaks really good in public). the rest of the speakers studder and can't get together a full sentence, let alone give announcements.

older people: drinkers.........

elders: for the most part, one minded with the exception of one (a rare one in the congregation that actually is a good elder). unfortunately the good elders don't last that long, and their time will come soon.....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Brother Simony/Ass Kisser/Nepotism - dates the PO/Sec/TMSO/WTSC daughter an dimmediately gets privileges and discussed for MS at CO visit -- in reality is fairly useless

• new light
    new light

Brother "Youwishyouwereme"---- Born and raised a JW, but had worldly father. Father forces him to go to college and join sports teams. Not only receives master's degree, but builds worldly skills and confidence. Marries hot sister from rich family, gets great job, moves out to the country, becomes elder quickly, has beautiful children, lives happily ever after.

Brother "Truckdriver"------ Like a nomad, middle-aged brother (we think) who pops up at a new congregation every few months in places hundreds of miles apart. No one really gets to know him but nearly everyone is a little creeped out anyway.

• Dawn
    Dawn

I think you will find a lot of people who were just like me - trying to do it "right" but really overburdened and secretly wanting a way out without loosing it all. I feel so bad for them.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I knew of two of these people in my KH career!

One was a native american sister! too much maize that is corn for us americans!

The other was Brother Taylor, nice fellow, died of stomach cancer!

Whats you fetish with dirty bathrooms Doodle?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit