2004 District Convention List Here

by abbagail 37 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

Greetings... In an email the other day, BB of SL asked if I knew where there was a list of the upcoming 2004 District Conventions? Does anyone have a current mag with those listings? I wrote BB that I'd look around and haven't found anything yet. If anyone has a current mag with those listings, could you let me know and/or post the list here in this thread, and/or send BB@SL a scanned copy of the list?

Thanks guys!

GRITS

• drwtsn32
  • abbagail
    abbagail

grinning ear to ear! no wonder they call you DR. Wtsn! ;-)

Thanks mucho Doc. Shows you how much I visit the official WT site... didn't know they had a habit of putting the DC's up there.

Great job!
    Thanks again.
    GRITS

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

This year is going to be "interesting and informative"------ compared to last years dull and boring.

• badboy
    badboy

In what way?

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Maybe they are going to replace one of the 3 part symposiums, with a swim suit competition after the baptisms.

Or, they are going to release ballons at the end of the day, instead of a stupid book that no one reads.

Extend lunch and eliminate a talk?

• blondie
    blondie

Just a tip for future years, the WTS routinely posts the DC sites on www.jw-media.org and this year it was in the 3-1-04 WT.

Blondie

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Thanks mucho Doc.

No problem...

with a swim suit competition after the baptisms.

LOL!! Maybe it's a good thing they're having several conventions in my city... I'll have to bring my binoculars.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Interesting... For Florida, seems they have finally dropped St. Pete altogether and will be going to Kissimmee, FL (Disney World area)/Silver Spurs Arena for 7 weeks, along with the usual West Palm Beach, 14 weeks (they had used the Jacksonville Coliseum for 19 straight years until a few years back when the City of Jax. raised the rent and WT refused to pay it, after that everyone in the top half of the state had to go all the way over to St. Pete on the west coast of FLA. So finally/evidently they found a new place in a more centralized location. I'm sure this makes the FLA east coast dubs happy).

And I noticed in Colorado, they will be meeting 6 times in Loveland, CO's Budweiser Events Center, instead of Denver/McNichols Arena (which I attended once back in 1979, that place was HUGE beyond HUGE. I wasn't even baptized then, only studying, and drove from Aspen to a Denver suburb city, stayed at my bubba's for a week, and went to the DC in Denver by my lonesome... one day I was late and they wouldn't let me in so I had to go back home. I remember I was soooo ticked off).

Also, the entire list looks smaller to me for some reason...??

And if anyone missed it, read this other very funny thread regarding the theme and releases for this DC: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/67493/1.ashx

LOL.

GRITS

edited to make link "clickable" - Scully

• abbagail
    abbagail

'This year is going to be "interesting and informative"------ compared to last years dull and boring."

LOL, good one, nobody! ;-D
    --------------

And thanks, too, blondie! I sent the link to SL.

---------------
    As for a swimsuit competition, yes, it has been confirmed... that section of the program will be entitled:
    BIKINI PREACH
    instead of...
    Bikini Beach (old movie title from years gone by).

Heehee.
    Grits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit