The Spiritual Raping of a Witness

by Blueblades 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

From Diane Wilson's, "Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness", page 265.

The Society says:"Rape flourishes in societies that tolerate violence and sexual manipulation." ( AW 3--8--93, P.4 ) What a striking parallel to "spiritual rape", which flourishes in a society that tolerates spiritual abuse and mind manipulation!

The Spiritual Raping of a Witness.

An organization.Promises:Problems are things of the past! Peace! Perpetual youth!. Plenty! Paradise! I can't believe this is happening to me! Feelings of unreality.This is just a dream! The Watch Tower Society Channeling truth from God. I feel Confidence. Contentment.Commitment.Focused on "The Road That Leads to Eternal Life".

The Wacth Tower Society creating black and white doctrines from the Bible's shades of gray, forcing obedience to their interpretations of matters the Bible presents as vague.The Watch Tower Society demanding conformity to "Truth" which is not truth at all except to the Organization that created it.

Zigzagging doctrines. Conflicts.Chaos.Confusion.Forbidden to complain! Forbidden to question! Blind acceptance or Death.The heavy weight of the rapist pressing down on me like the heavy weight of the Organization oppressing me.Both holding me captive.

Forced to be a hypocrite.To be untrue to myself.To violate my conscience.To believe and do what is wrong in order to be right with God.Forced to embrace twisted thinking and doctrines that kill.Forced to cover up the truth to mask The Lie.

As a Rapist demands submission under threat of death The Watch Tower Society demands submission under threat of death.Spiritual Death by disfellowshipping.Literal death at Armageddon.The Raping of my Spirit like The Raping of my Body. Used. Abused.Tossed aside like so much chaff.Forced to be silent.

The Governing Body of the Watch Tower Society making rules that dictate lives.The Governing Body of the Watch Tower Society Paper Tigers posing as God's Channel.Anger at the God of The Watch Tower Who says with my independent thoughts, I commit fornication with evil.

Anger at The God of the Watch Tower Who wants me to play Follow - The - Leader without question or doubt with a Leader who commits fornication with truth.

Yes! And as I agree with many others,they demand obedience bording on psychological enslavement and complete suppression of individuality, yet prohibits the questioning of their teachings.This then is Spiritual Rape of all who still feel the heavy weight of the Watch Tower Society upon them.

Blueblades

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

exactly

• Celtic
    Celtic

Absolutely ruddy spot on. I wrote similar post ages upon ages back about exactly the same subject of spiritual rape, the pain was tortuous. Time has healed, is healing yet still. I'll see if I can find the link.

Kindest regards

Celtic Mark

m.price@can-online.org.uk

• bebu
    bebu

How hard to think, to realize that this is what it was...

bebu

• Celtic
    Celtic

My sincere apologies not just to you for not being able yet, so far, to find the link. Actually it was this problem, this very expression, Spiritual Rape that I took before a team of five psychologists and psychiatrists etc. Took 12 months, fairly intensive therapy to communicate it all and then in a very expanded state of mind.

It is for this very seriously I still wish if I possibly could to sue the organisation. Norris Attorney's at Law are fighting for the sexual abuse cases. But what about the emotional abuse, physical abuse and spritual rape? Do we not ever get fair representation too?

If you do err, do so by erring on the good side of judgement.

Mark Price

Falmouth, Cornwall, UK

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

I know I've been "violated!" How sad! Good point, Blueblades!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Another good post....

The last time I went to see my psychiatrist, he said that I show the classic signs of a rape victim. I said I've never been raped. He looked at me for a long time then finally said, "Lisa, you were spiritually raped."

Lisa

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

It's so scarey to see you put this in writing. Every word is true.

Strawberryfieldsforever

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Blueblades,

Excellent points and information.

The following is from MY LETTER sent to the Governing Body of Elders for WTB&TS:

11. Over the many years since my association and baptism, it has become more evident that Jehovah?s Witnesses are increasingly indoctrinated to obey and follow a group of men (elders) to do their bidding without question or thought and in most cases without a sense of consequence. Sort of like worker drones or robots (without a conscience). There is nothing wrong with having qualified, ethical and responsible leaders or of course, a shepherd over the flock. However, most Jehovah Witnesses have been indoctrinated over a period of time and carefully manipulated to conform to relinquishing free will, give up analytical thinking, education, family, friends, social normality, sovereignty and perceptions. The ability to ask thoughtful questions on important issues has always been discouraged and in a lot of cases constrained and definitely looked down upon. Instead of shepherding or leading, there has been a careful effort to rule, dictate and micro-manage the lives of every brother or sister including a coerced alienation from everything and anyone except what was or is approved from the Governing Body of Elders (Watchtower Bible & Tract society). This is where the ?cult? status and label of the Jehovah?s Witness Religion being a cult come into play. Jehovah does not approve of any of these tactics and techniques. To insinuate, misapply and to twist Biblical scripture to control and coerce people for corporate, congregational, financial or personal gain, is a direct insult to Jehovah and to his son Jesus Christ and could possibly be considered by God as a sin against the Holy Spirit. However, that decision is only up to God. Have you given this any thought at all? Why have you acted this way? What are you going to do to change, or will you change at all?

Mr KIM

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

This is powerful stuff...I am putting this in my info pile...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit