Circuit Assembly experience...

by No Apologies 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Lonestar13
    Lonestar13

more than likely, the grandmother was baptized so she received no help. If she were not baptized or simply just an "interested one" then she would have had no shortage of help, no doubt from a pioneer... if you get my drift....

"let me help you up....have you ever thought there would come a time when people won't fall down and have to cry out for help. notice revelation 21:3, 4....no mourning, no outcry...how does that sound to you?"

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

You know, when I first read this story I thought "what in the world? I would have jumped up and helped her" but then I realized I was thinking like a free-minded individiual. As I read more and more replies I began to remember what it was like to be a dub....I would have been afraid to jump up to help her. It would have looked like I was trying to be super-righteous, or I would have been stepping out of turn when it was the attendants or at least a brother's responsibility to help her and I wouldn't have wanted to get chastised for presumptousness.

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe they were afraid of having an Uzzah moment:

Insight Book 2 p. 1145 Uzzah

Notwithstanding Uzzah?s presumably good intentions to prevent the Ark from falling, it was judged as an "irreverent act." (2Sa 6:7) This was because deliberate disobedience was involved. Jehovah had instructed that under no circumstances was the Ark to be touched by unauthorized persons, a warning of public knowledge that carried with it the death penalty for violators. (Nu 4:15, 19, 20) Had authorized ones, Kohathite Levites, carried it with the poles on their shoulders as God had directed, God?s anger would not have been incurred.?Ex 25:13, 14; Nu 7:9.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

She obviously fell in front of the wrong people; I hate to think they're all insensitive.

Perhaps it will make her think about how wonderfully loving the brothers and sisters are.

I hope granny is ok.

• Farkel
    Farkel

blondie,

: Insight Book 2 p. 1145 Uzzah

Notwithstanding Uzzah?s presumably good intentions to prevent the Ark from falling, it was judged as an "irreverent act." (2Sa 6:7) This was because deliberate disobedience was involved. Jehovah had instructed that under no circumstances was the Ark to be touched by unauthorized persons, a warning of public knowledge that carried with it the death penalty for violators. (Nu 4:15, 19, 20) Had authorized ones, Kohathite Levites, carried it with the poles on their shoulders as God had directed, God?s anger would not have been incurred.?Ex 25:13, 14; Nu 7:9.

This is one of those great myths that make sane people wonder about such an insane "God." I think the WTS likes this story because to them the key word and in fact the ONLY word is "obedience."

What if Uzzah (poor guy) had just sat on his butt and watched that Ark fall and smash up? After hearing that crash, the High Priests rushed in and saw a pile of rubbish. They might have said, "Uz, you dork! Why didn't you do something about this before it happened?"

Uz: "You think I'm nuts or something? Jehovah would have killed me for doing anything. I'm supposed to keep my hands clean and my mouth shut. I'm trained to be obedient in 'Jehovah's Theocratic Arrangement(tm)'"

Priests: "Well, that is just a fine mess you've got us into. The tablets are pebbles, and we are screwed trying to prove our "rich spiritual heritage" now.

Uz: "Good enough. You don't have any "rich spiritual heritage, fool. You make up shit all the time, and the rest of the time you go around killing everyone else."

Priests: "We're gonna have to kill you for saying that, Uz."

Uz: "Kill me? If I would have saved your stupid Ark, God would have killed me. I'm toast either way, dude!"

Priests: "You've got a point there, Uz. You've got a point there. But we're still gonna have to kill you."

Uz: "When will all this killing stop?"

Priests: "When God is purged from man's souls."

Uz: "When will that happen?"

Priests: "Never."

"No good deed goes unpunished." - Benjamin Franklin

Ask Uzzah.

Farkel

• pudd
    pudd

My husband who was an elder, works with children who have emotional and behavioral problems including autism, tourettes etc.

One time when we were at a convention a young boy with some such disorder had been distressed and was reacting badly. Understanding his needs my husband went forward to help. As he is professionally trained in this matter and deals with it on a daily basis, (which was well known by those involved) he could have resolved the matter quickly with the minimum distraction and most importantly focused on the needs of the boy.

He was firmly told to mind his own business (by the attendants, not the parents) and let the first aid attendants who were on duty deal with it (my husband is also a trained first aider!)

Subsequently, the incident and the child?s distressed was prolonged, as the first aiders clearly had no idea how to deal with the matter!

• blondie
    blondie
    This is one of those great myths that make sane people wonder about such an insane "God." I think the WTS likes this story because to them the key word and in fact the ONLY word is "obedience."

Myth or not, this is another David story, where he screwed up and someone else died or was punished.

You are right in that the WTS uses this story to discourage its members from reaching out and trying to do good things. You should just stand by and watch a child be molested, for example, and wait on God to fix it.

Blondie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***"No good deed goes unpunished." - Benjamin Franklin

Ask Uzzah.***

Fark,

Your post was hilarious! I love your insightful mind, LOL!

SOOO great to see you posting again!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit