what's your favority JW reference from a movie or TV ?

by itsallgoodnow 35 Replies latest jw friends

• catlady
    catlady

The Simpsons: Marge talking about how lonely she gets through the day

"Last week some Jehovah's Witnesses came to the door and I wouldn't let them leave. They snuck away when I went into the kitchen to get more lemonade."

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

My fave reference was from the Hale and Pace show...

The Management (2 hard looking doormen)

I like hanging baskets.... (looks up to see 2 feet dangling...)

"This ones a Jehovahs Witness"

Luv that sketch - LMAO just typing this!!

Bull!

• glitter
    glitter

The rest of the big Blondie quoted is:

Farmer: Jehovah's Witness?

Scully: No, sir. Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Mulder: But we do have a copy of the Watchtower, if you'd like. :D

My favourite which I unfortunately don't remember much of was from an episode of "Maid Marian and Her Merry Men" a *fantastic* BBC kid's show. It involved a comment made when they were using a battering ram to break down the door of the castle:

One Character: You don't think the guards'll come do you?

Other Character: No, they'll just think we're Jehovah's Witnesses.

• roybatty
    roybatty

You have to be a Sopranos fan to apprecaite it but there was an episode where Tony is complaining about how boring this other mafia guy is. With his heavy Jersey accent he says something like "He's as fuckin' boring to talk to as a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses."

Everyone in the room just busted out laughing and pointing at me. I had to remind them I use to be a boring JWs. lol.

• little1
    little1

I listen to The Prairie Home Companion on NPR with Garrison Keillor and last week they did a bit on vacations and the guy says, "Remember that time we checked into a little bed and breakfast in New Hampshire for a week? We didn't know it was owned by Jehovah's Witnesses. Every night they knocked on our door and wanted to come in and tell us about the new millenium and Armaggedon. And we ended up sleeping in the car..."

Also on the joke show he told this one-

"What do you get when you cross a Jehovah's Witness with a Unitarian? Soeone who knocks on your door but doesn't know why."

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Bad movie, but great JW scene

The Coneheads...The 2 INS agents coming to the Coneheads home under the guise of peddling the WT. Great scene. It's played so straight by the comics, that it was hilarious.

LABD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit