"If anyone calls himself a BROTHER ,"...................

by gumby 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

..........as a tax-collector or stranger

ie. Start again - like someone you don't know - someome that you would rightfully give money to, or, someone who will likely need worldly goods, food and shelter.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yeah, but remember the WTS doesn't like the tax-man! They do all they can to avoid paying any tax anywhere!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It would be better to preface that remark with the words "Some believe that.."

How's this, Everyone who has examined the evidence recognises that the two works are from different authors.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hmmmm, guess that "evidence" hasn't made it downunder.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

When Peter was given the vision regarding gentiles.......the "racism" was dropped. From a biblical perspective......Jesus stuck to the law in this regard as he was supposed to. He never said to hate gentiles.......just don't hang with them.

The Acts story about a vision given Peter to stop being a racist like his teacher Jesus was is late fiction created to artificially bridge the Gentile and Jewish sects of Jesus cultus, and ultimately has nothing to do with Matt 18.

I stand by my illustration. If I were to publicly declare that terrorists ought to be dealt with as Pollocks, I am perpertuating a racially motivated hate. Even if I simply used the expression "deal with them as you do Blacks" I'm betraying a racist view that Blacks should be viewed differently that other folks. The author of Matt 18 viewed Gentiles "Goyim" as unworthy of love and respect and therefore was racist like the majority of Jews of the time. The esential underlying theme of shunning or harboring contempt for those who wrong us is in conflict with the Luke 6 advice to "do good" to those who wrong us. The mixed messages are clear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit