A crazy thought....Please humor me!

by Doubtfully Yours 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I just got this thought that we're like a huge soap opera to God and other spiritual beings. If the Almighty makes it all perfect and joyful, then how the heck will he/they get entertained?!

In other words, the Almighty powers that be aren't interested in the least bit in making things happy and perfect for all because we're like a huge spectacle for them to watch for ever and ever.

Alright, there goes my sanity for today.

DY

• Farkel
    Farkel

Believe me, you're not alone in that thought.

Here's another and more upbeat one: suppose we are all superhuman creatures. We created a movie wherein each one of us as "humans" do not know we are merely part of a movie made for the enjoyment of our real selves, but a human projection of our superhuman selves who THINK we are real and what we do, see and hear is real.

If that would be the case, death doesn't matter. Neither does anything else we do, for that matter. All of it is just a movie! If we actually knew we weren't real, it wouldn't be fun for anyone, including us.

No matter how wacky that might be, it's still more believable and infinitely more benign than the machine-gun-Nazi-murderous God the dubs worship.

Farkel

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Wow, Farkel, your idea is even more far out than mine! However, it's feasible, definitely feasible.

DY

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

I do believe that the botha ya need to git out more often!!!

DY - Wasn't it Shakespear who said back in the 16th or 17th century, "The world is but a stage, and we are but the actors"? So, your idea is not any more "crazy" than his was! Now Farkle on the other hand.....!

growedup

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

And what if we are really nothing more than a figment of someone's imagination who is day dreaming in algebra class... and his teacher is just about to wake him up?!?!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Elsewhere... Now that's deep. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    suppose we are all superhuman creatures. We created a movie wherein each one of us as "humans" do not know we are merely part of a movie made for the enjoyment of our real selves, but a human projection of our superhuman selves who THINK we are real and what we do, see and hear is real.

If that would be the case, death doesn't matter. Neither does anything else we do, for that matter. All of it is just a movie! If we actually knew we weren't real, it wouldn't be fun for anyone, including us.

hmmmm... I think you might have something there. >>>going back to read it again to make sure I got it straight)<<<<<

• Satanus
    Satanus

I kind of go along w doubtfully and farkel, and i add to it that the possibility that the earth/universe is far from perfect and has so much suffering because the imperfect agency(ies) behind it is only learning through it and us. That doesn't negate what doubt and fark said, if fark's superhumans came to be from another more primitive/subtle form. But, it totally demolishes the omniscient, soveriegn god concept. Funny how acolytes of that imaginary god think that he needs them (cuz he really does).

SS

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

You know how there are microscopic parasites that are living in and on the human? Perhaps we are a colony of parasites on God's arm: eating, drinking, copulating, and being merry. Perhaps God is a member of a colony of parasites on another BIGGER God's arm. wow.. the possibilities are endless! Maybe every time I shampoo my hair, I carelessly wipe out a colony of beings that wondered what their purpose was, and where they were going after they died? Maybe they were surprised when they all died to go down into a dark, watery hole (the drain pipe)? heh. Maybe the flood of Noah was really God just washing his hair, and Noah survived because he was an astute observer and loaded all the other parasites on a flake of skin?!?!? <slaps self> Okay.. I'm alright now.

CG

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Whoa, Country Girl... much food for thought! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit