I am new here

by I_am_an_idiot 23 Replies latest jw friends

• I_am_an_idiot
    I_am_an_idiot

Hello everyone, I am new in the forum. Let me introduce myself: I_am_an_idiot. Why use that handle? Because I am really an idiot. At least that's how I feel when reading many of the posts. I have to admit I am simple minded and some things I just don't get. I am not part of the Jehovah Witness religion, but to tell you the truth, I am interested in their teachings. I was attracted because of their simple way of explain complex. But now I am confused in this site, many of the things explained are way over my head.

I read Psalms 37 and it gives the hope of living forever on earth. Sounds simple enough for me. I've read posts here that say that it is not true, that we will all go to heaven.

Can someone reason on these thoughts?

Please keep it simple, I_am_an_idiot.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

You are not an idiot. But, these people who go against us are. There will be people living forever on earth. And there will be some living in heaven. If you have our publications, then the scriptures are there to back us up. Read the scriptures and let it speak for itself.

• I_am_an_idiot
    I_am_an_idiot

Thank you Fred for your confidence in me. I have read Psalms 37 and it makes sence to me. Of course, I do not have much education in secular things, but it sounds good to live on earth forever. My heart tells me that it is a good thing. At least, it is simple enough for me.

Thanks again.

• Celia
    Celia

[I read Psalms 37 and it gives the hope of living forever on earth. Sounds simple enough for me. I've read posts here that say that
    it is not true, that we will all go to heaven.]

Hello there,
    Does it really matter what one believes will happen after
    his/her death ? Ok, living forever on earth may sound attractive to you and others. Being a ruler in heaven at the side of Jesus and God may sound like the way to go for others...
    Or, dead is dead and that's the end of it...
    But no matter what will or will not happen to us after our death, after the end of this wicked system of things, after Armageddon, after Jesus' return, after the resurrection... etc...do you really believe that belonging to this or that religious denomination will change things one way or another ?
    Do you believe that only JWs will be on earth or in paradise or wherever ?
    Why ? because they followed blindly some old crooks in Brooklyn ?
    Because they were unpaid, badly treated slaves and booksellers of the mighty Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society ?
    Hmmmmmm.... ??? !!!

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

No problem friend. Just keep reading your Bible daily, attend Christian meetings, and read bible publications. By doing these, Jehovah will educate you spiritually.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Celia,

Your words are like a poison asp.

• philo
    philo

Hello you are an idiot

:Thank you Fred for your confidence in me

Unfortunately, Fred Hall's confidences have been shown to be baseless, whereas his idiocy has never been.

Psalm 37 seems to me to be about the Jews not Christians.

• I_am_an_idiot
    I_am_an_idiot

Celia: I really did not understand your post. I sure hope that death does not mean death. I think that resurrection is a beautiful provision that Jesus paid for with his blood. Whatever faith you have, a hope helps one to cope with lifes problems. For me, faith keeps me going. But, you raised a good question that I have asked myself. Should we be part of a movement or religion to get proper guidance? I think after Jesus died and I would of enjoyed being part of the congregation receiving guidance from the apostles. But, in this modern era, do we need a religion?

I really don't know. I_am_an_idiot.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Philo,

Psalms was written for Christians. Read Romans 15:4

• I_am_an_idiot
    I_am_an_idiot

Thank you, I already know I am. I do not understand your post about Psalm 37, was God telling the jews they would live forever? I thought that it applies to us. AT least, I think it is a beautiful hope.

I_am_an_idiot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit