Life during the 1,000 reign???

by Joliette 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

Me and my brother recently got into a discussion about the 1,000 reign. I told him that even after Armageddon, you know that you still have to work for your salvation?? He says yes, that he is prepared to work for Jehovah (WTH), and that it will be a wonderful time. Life during the 1,000 reign never sounded appealing to me even as a kid, it sounded scary! I encourage my brother to do more research into the 1,000 reign, but he's not a big reader. He only goes off what the brothers have said from the stage.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

he is just like millions of other dubs. no need to waste his time thinking---the society has done it all for him.

• sir82
    sir82

1000 year rain?

Good thing Noah will be there. "You're gonna need a bigger ark".

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Shame no one will ever find out for its based from ancient (fictional) mythology ........ Dam

One thing religionists never teach or know themselves is why and the original intent the ancients made their own mythical expressions toward their select god(s)

• Joliette
    Joliette

You guys are getting too deep for me.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Life during the 1,000 reign never sounded appealing to me even as a kid, it sounded scary!

After going to meetings, assemblies, field service, and having your life examined by the local elders your whole life, now you have another thousand years of the same thing in ''paradise earth.''

You still need to prove yourself during the 1000 year reign. ''Somehow'' Satan is still alive. God still keeps him around.( somehow my loyalty never impresses Jehovah )

After the 1000 years, Satan and his cronies comes out of jail/abyss and try to tempt you again for Jehovah's loyalty. ( talk about an insecure God )

If you remain ''loyal'', you will live forever. If you are tempted and fail with your loyalty, you will get the '' second death'' (eternal).

I encourage my brother to do more research into the 1,000 reign

Another made up fantasy brought to you by the WTBTS.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

what will life be like in the 1000 year fantasy ? millions living now cant be wrong ! ha ha. right.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Tell your brother that the "faithful slave" says that the "vile things" spoken of at John 5:29 will be practiced during Christ's 1000 years reign - and see how he responds.

it-2 p. 789 Resurrection - Jesus was therefore evidently taking a similar position in time in speaking of “those who did good things” and “those who practiced vile things,” namely, a position at the end of the period of judgment, as looking back in retrospect or in review of the actions of these resurrected persons after they had opportunity to obey or disobey the “things written in the scrolls.”"

bh p. 214 par. 3 - "...the judgment will not focus on what people did before they died.....individuals will be judged on the basis of what they do during Judgment Day."

uw chap. 9 p. 76 par. 12 - "They will be “judged individually according to their deeds” performed after their resurrection."

If people are going to be practicing vile things - and then judged - such a world makes a nonsense of Christ's rulership as described at Revelation 2:27 - "....he will shepherd the people with an iron rod...."

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Something I always used to wonder is that it says that after the 1000 years the devil will be let out for a short time... and it used to occur to me that this time in history is meant to be a brief time "knowing he has a brief time"

So considering that this 2k years is considered a brief time just how long would the short time after the 1000 years actually be?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

just wait til Satan gets released from the Abyss, bound to go wrong

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit