Its about the enablers, not the abuse It's about the coverups not the crime

by avishai 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Puternut
    Puternut
    It's about the enablers, not the abuse It's about the coverups not the crime

This is a true statement. Once there has been some handslapping these men are re appointed and put right back in their position, to be allowed to do it again and again.

Then it's being covered up by the CO's, and people are being threatened, if the speak about it. This threat alone, is abuse in itself to the inth degree, because it makes all the ones who have knowledge of this, guilty before a court of law. The elders have an 'ecclesiastical privelege' and abusing this privelege.

Puternut

• Farkel
    Farkel

avishai,

Bringing justice to child rapists which would bring negative attention to the image the WTS wants to portray, has zero importance to them. And they have not one whit of grief continuing to let innocent children and adults die because to change their insane blood policy would make them look like the fools they are for starting that policy in the first place. More importantly, it would open the flood gates to a host of lawsuits for people who died in the past over it.

Until unenlightened people start to realize that the WTS considers their lowly members as little worker bees for them who they discard like old dish rags when the worker bees become old or sick or ask too many questions, these people will never realize the hideous and cold-blooded monster the WTS elite really is.

Farkel

• franklin J
    franklin J

I agree with you, Avishai

the crime is further perpetrating on the victim with the attempted cover up.

I think the problems plagueing the Catholic Church with the abuse issues will cut very deep and the affect will be some very specific secular laws which; maybe will not prevent future child abuse; but will make it a crime to not report it to secular authorities. Ecclesiastical privledge will no longer be an excuse.

It will be interesting to see how the Watchtower responds to this.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

We really need legislation to force anyone who learns of abuse to report it.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    still can't figure out why they seem to be able to weasel out of convictions...what do the courts want?

Respectfully, you do not know if investigations are ongoing to get certain individuals who may have covered for other individuals before the criminal court system or not.

Respectfully, seeing a number of civil lawsuits have started you do not know if they will eventually weasel out of them or not. I believe one has been discharged due to statute of limitations issue. I believe another was discharged for a court rule on privilege that was supposed to be appealed. There are many - 40 or so I believe now - that have just begun the long process.

Be patient. Always keep in mind that there will be major wins and losses. This whole thing is only a few years old and it takes time, lots of time before investigations are finished and people end up in the Court system and through the court system.

Remember it took 10 or so long years before you heard a friggin Cardinal come out and say "I'm sorry". Expect at least that length of time or more for this issue. Of course soory or not, he and his organization still need to be held accountable for their actions!

hawk

• talesin
    talesin

It does take time.

The Catholic brothers of the infamous "Mount Cashel" case in Newfoundland were first exposed in 1975. This has been a major issue in Canada for almost 30 years now (pedophile priests). Settlements are still being determined.

It's just breaking in the US now. Astounding to me.

Since then, the laws here have changed.

Failure to report is now a CRIME here - due, in large part, to this case (link below for those who may have interest in reading about this story).

http://www.wob.nf.ca/alberta/Press%20Reports/National%20Post/001204-2.htm

talesin

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

In the WTBTS the enablers are the elders, the elders, and the elders. Big time!

DY

• franklin J
    franklin J

yes, DY, the Elders are the "enablers"

with due respect to some of these men, who I am sure are sincere in their ministerial efforts; the sad truth is that when they realize that they can peronally be responsible for not reporting such an incident to the secular authorities ( as in they will lose their house in a civil suit; or personally go to jail) ; no doubt you will see them comply. Only a few will take the " trust in Jehovah" scenario. The majority have families to support and will snap to their senses.

Sad little men.

• avishai
    avishai

Let's hope. Maybe if the wts has to pay thru the nose, the'll change their own warped policy.

• avishai
    avishai

Due to kwin's post here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/92568/1.ashx, and more recent JW and other pedophile cases, i am bttt'ing this thread Oh, and on another note, I'd like to say that many of these cases are STILL in litigation. It takes years. So keep up hope. The courts are slow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit