Its about the enablers, not the abuse It's about the coverups not the crime

by avishai 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

This is a great quote avishai, thanks for bringing it back!

Kwin

• avishai
    avishai

BTTT for newbies.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

1 Year Deferred Sentence:

Revs. James Rice, Thad Gunderson and Eric Mowen, Loveland, CO, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor for failing to report abuse. The pastors at Gateway Baptist Church entered into plea agreements that will remove the convictions from their records after a year if they stay out of trouble. They were charged with knowing that a man was fondling children during church functions yet did nothing about it. Source: Daily Reporter-Herald, December 16, 2007

Well, it's better than the usual nothing. Perhaps enablers will begin to get a bit worried when they read reports like this one.

Barbara

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

My father's mother remarried when my grandfather passed away.

Soon into the marriage my step-grandfather was raping my grandmother at knifepoint. She was counseled to submit, to wait on Jehovah, to stay and be a good wife. She did all those things.

She said not one word. She warned no one.

I recently learned my step-grandfather tried to rape my cousin when she was 12 (this makes it about 35 years ago). She escaped rape, though it's not clear to me how much else she did have visited upon her. She attempted suicide in her 20's, and I wonder how much this attack weighed in on that.

I wonder if my grandmother had at least spoken up about their being a rapist in the family that maybe my cousin would not have been left in his care.

• avishai
    avishai

BTT for all the moral equivocating of reniia and her ilk.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

This is classic way for corporations or bureauracies to try to protect themselves. It's really not rational, but they always do it anyway: to cover it up and proclaim their innocence instead of simply admitting they were at fault and fixing the problem. Admitting fault would increase their legal liability and cost them $$$,$$$,$$$.

• avishai
    avishai

Operative word, corporation. The gag orders, etc., more ass-covering moves.

• avishai
    avishai
    Ancient post, but due to the Duggar scandal, i thought it might be timely

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit