Where's the best place to live?

by Steve Lowry 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

I don't usually start non-JW threads, but I was wondering about other places to move to. I live in Atlanta and while I love a lot of things about it, sometimes I think about moving on. I was in south Florida for the first thirty-five years and have been here for the last fourteen. Tell me where you think would be a nice place to live. Boring topic I know, but its something weighing heavy on my mind now. Stay or move again.

Steve

• Valis
    Valis

Come on down to Texas Steve! You know we have more Apostates here than anywhere else!

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/

Sincerely,

District Ovebeer

• Purple
    Purple

Come to Adelaide, South Australia, Australia. Apparently I am the only ex dub here and I have not seen any other active JW's. Never had any knock on my door, never run into any or anything. So all the JW's have disappeared so it is Borg free! However it is the dryest state on the dryest continent on earth and it hasn't rained for months on end but at least we havent had any huge bushfires yet! We are on permanent water restrictions which means I had to cut my daily 5 hour shower to 4 hours and 45 minutes. THe shock of this still leaves me cold! Hehehehe seriously its a small city and you can be at the beach and 20 minutes later you are in the foothills. Or go 45 mins in the other direction and you are in our wine country enjoying the best drop in the world red or white! Its a great place to come and retire or try to live sort of!

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Portland Oregon is very nice. If you've lived in Florida, you can handle rain. Just have a job arranged - we're still way underemployed out here.

• Simon
    Simon

Well, officially ... Canada !!

http://www.thecanadapage.org/Canada2000.htm

(They were rated #1 for 7 years in a row but lost out for the last couple of years)

According to one survey I saw (maybe the same study) more Canadians were happier with their country than anyone else. Fewer wanted to leave than any other country (percentage wise).

Britain ranked last. We all want to leave !!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Been to twenty countries, lived in Washington, Montana, Alaska and Oregon! Traveled to most all the states of the union, so of all them, it's still hard to choose. Loved Western Samoa of all the "foreign" countries, and am thinking that for weather and such Oregon is about as good as it gets. Not too hot, nor too cold, flowers 12 months of the year and clean air. Alaska was the funest place to live without all the beaurcratic crap and the outdoor life was second to none. Israel was one of the most interesting in terms of cultural mixes and in-your-face life that tingles with excitement.

carmel

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

Sunny South Africa....just bring lotsa cash!!!!!!!!

• kat2u
    kat2u

Seattle. Shhh but its a really beautiful place and we just want people to think it rains all the time.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Hey Purple,

Adelaide _is_ a nice place to visit. It is also the 'sister' city to Austin, TX. They are at about the same latitudes... opposite sides of the world.

I used to know a gal that lives in Adelaide, and I _almost_ got to go visit your country.

There _are_ a few restrictions on ferriners gettin jobs there in your country. I looked into it - briefly.

I _will_ get there someday... I want to ride that train that runs from Adelaide up the center of Australia. I think a train ride would be fun!

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit