How did Jesus keep his beard looking so neat?

by Sour Grapes 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I have a full beard and with a pair of electric clippers, I can't come close to having my beard looking at good and trim as Jesus in the picture. I wonder how Jewish barbers did it or perhaps his beard was more scruffy than is shown. Does Jesus even look Jewish? He looks like a 30-year-old man from Texas, I wonder why the Borg can't get anything right. So Jesus, who is the head of the congregation can have a beard, but those who follow him can't.

• Tahoe
    Tahoe

A reconstruction of what forensic anthropologists think a 1st-century Palestinian Jew like Jesus of Nazareth would have looked like (illustration by BBC Photo Library).

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

He used Gillette - the best a first century Jewish carpenter can get.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jesus was Jewish not Anglo Saxon like the WTS. picture shows

Stupid ignorant JWS

Probably looked like this .....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Boy is he going to be pissed when he's told by the GB members that he cant make any public talks until he shaves his beard.

Would like to be a fly on wall when that happens

• waton
    waton

he had a perfect beard, had ladies ministering to him, spend nights with the Samaritan woman, (at least in her city)

so if he can walk on water, give him a break.

• caves
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

He was freaking perfect. No home, no job, no source of income but his clothes were always clean and neat and he always had a good place to sleep. He must have had a rich daddy!

just saying!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Watchtower Jesus looks a bit like England's Harry Cane.

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz
    No home, no job, no source of income but his clothes were always clean and neat and he always had a good place to sleep. He must have had a rich daddy!

There's a scripture that implies that the ones supporting his work financially were mainly widowers, the "women who minstered to him". I imagine these women joined him because saw a much more open movement to the women than the so jewish religious society. Poor them, didn't see the Apostle Paul comming...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit