Are You a "Mess" Since Leaving The Organization or Are You OK?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• tink
    tink

mess!!! :)

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I've always been a mess, JW or not. I knew, at 9 years old, that the organization was a pile of crap. I read "Survival of the Fittest" that we had in our Kingdom Hall library, and that contradicted everything I was learning, but made a hell of a lot more sense to me. I was lucky that I had a very liberal (then) JW Mother, and she allowed me to take art classes, work on the school newspaper, encouraged my writing, let me participate in sports in school, and let me hang out with the neighborhood kids (reason being, she always had her nose in a JW book and couldn't deal with six kids.. hehehhe). We also had a very liberal Kingdom Hall, where the teenagers were encouraged to get together, dance, go skiing, all that. I suppose it's much more conservative now....

But I got out twenty years ago, still thinking it was the true religion and that *I* was the one that could't live up to *IT*. All the teenage girls that were my age were more "spiritual" and were attracting "spiritual" brothers on the fast track to becoming elders. I was a little to "fringie" for that. I just finally broke loose and skipped happily along through life til about 35, and then a need for a spiritual base hit me. I re-examined the JW's and through the help of Randy Watters, James Pentland, Kent Steinhaug, and Jan Haugland on PHILIA (before the Web) I realized that what I had thought all along was TOTALLY wrong, and that blew my mind and I got very depressed, with no hope. They encouraged me and were very attentive in getting me back on track. I will always love each and every one of them for what they did to help me during that time. It's taken a lot of hard emotional work, and alot of therapy, and fighting and moving two steps forward and one step back.. but here I am! I can't say I'll ever NOT be a mess, but I'm less of a mess than I was back then! WAY less of a mess.. hehehe.

To me: it's a journey on a train. You don't know where you are going, but you'll know it when you see it. You get off the train, look around, and if it doesn't seem right, you keep going. You pick up a little bit of the place, and you think about it. It makes you prepared for where you'll get off next. When you find your place, you know it, and you are happy. I know I am a Christian.. and I know that there is a God. I don't know if I believe all these crazy people ancient people writing about him, and what they say, but I do know that he exists and that I have a personal and emotional relationship with him. Whether he's the guy they say he is, or the guy I think he is, it's kinda up in the air right now. But I do know that I've made an incredible journey, and I'm always excited at the next stop.

I'll always be a mess until I get my train stop right.

CG

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I'm not to bad, like others already mentioned not having to prepeare for meetings and talks is great. However I am bitter about the course of life that the society made me take due to trying t please those in the borg. This is what really burns me up and makes me angry about the Joe Wits. And I wish nothing but bad things to happen this organization.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I'm better now.

But I'll be more of a mess in about three hours, when I get down to my bar. heh heh heh...

CZAR

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mrs Ozzie and I are really fine. We made good preparations, like a new home, a new area, and we started to make new friends. That's probably the hardest part, to make new friends when you're in your 'mature' stage of life.

Nevertheless, despite what the Borg continues to try to do to us through our family (who they took from us), in ourselves we're real good.

We are sad though for children and family who still are blind to the truth about "The Troof". Real sad.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Jared
    Jared

Im with tink...

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Started off, shall we say, as the same amount of suck, but a different flavor - but gets better every year.

I am definitely more than OK.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I am one of those disgustingly organized types. I may look a fright after working all day, but I am at peace within myself as never before. That doesn't mean things won't happen to rock me, just that after surviving all the crap of my life thus far I know that I can get through whatever happens. And if I don't and it kills me...I would really care will I? Maverick

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I'm okay, much better than before for sure - full of relief.

• minimus
    minimus

Ozzie, you are right to say that things are less stressful when you can make new friends-----and that could be a daunting task for some.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit