Are You a "Mess" Since Leaving The Organization or Are You OK?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Most people have left the organization because of emotional issues. The feeling that there is no REAL love or fellow feeling seems to get at people. It gnaws at them. Some have been either DF'd or simply "shunned" because they no longer believe it's the "truth"........At this point in time, how are you doing???

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm doing much better! No worry about being clean shaven, got all my books, preparing for the WT, worrying about my hours for field service. Stress is way down.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I'm not a mess, but one thing gnaws at me. I don't like laying blame on other's for my problem, but I think this one originated with the JW's, and I have to find a way out of it. I can't seem to make any lasting meaningful friendships with anyone.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Actually I am less a mess now. And the love, caring people I thought would be void from my life when I left?? well yes the conditional friends are gone but I have so many more friends and the love I get from them brings me greater happiness..

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I am glad I?m out of it, although it has been a long journey.
    However, at the moment I am not able to fully appreciate it,
    cause other (even more serious) problems are overshadowing it.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Never been better.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, my "emotional" issues were worked out before I stopped attending.

Blondie

• desib77
    desib77

Right now, I'm a mess. Although, I'm just now starting to face everything. I stay stressed out about religon and faith. I have constant headaches and shakiness...even right now as I'm typing. I don't really care about the loss of friends but I'm struggling with the possible loss of a family member. I'm undecided about continuing to fade or disassociating myself....

Sound like a mess, don't I? :)

I know in time it will get better but right now it is tough.

Desi

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

much better. I was suicidal when I left - well before I left actually

Haven't thought of offing myself since then and that was way back in 85

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Although I haven't left physically yet, once I left mentally, I entered a wonderful state of tranquility.

It's really nice not to have to worry anymore about silly field service hours, or regular meeting attendance, or giving parts in the school, etc. So very nice to just come home, peacefully change into more comfy clothes and start preparing dinner, or just plain lay around watching some tv show, and not have to rush around like crazy because God-forbid I should miss even one meeting and not be there like 40 mins before it starts so that I could mingle with everybody.

As time passes by it gets better and better, more and more peaceful.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit