THEY'RE CALLING MY BOSS!!

by new light 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• new light
    new light

You know what? I'm just going to give my boss the truth. I don't feel obligated to speak to the elders. I do not recognize their authority. They do not hold any rightful power over my life. They do not have the moral right to harass me or my associates. Likely, he will pass this message on to someone and it will (quickly) get to whom it needs to, although probably quite distorted. If they view this as a DA, so be it. I just don't care anymore. I really have nothing to lose. At this point, my main concern is not giving those bible-beating busybodies the satisfaction of my compliance. F*** 'em!

• gumby
    gumby

NewLight.

If you give your boss the truth.....will he tell your elders? If he does......they will call on you, or try to.

If they did....you could say you do not wish to discuss these matters with them.....and DO NOT admit to them that you told your boss the things you will tell him.

I say this because........by their own rules.........they are supposed to 'hear it themselves'....or hear it from at least two witnesses that heard you themselves. The problem is.....they don't always follow policy and might take action against you with only your bosses testimony.

If you REALLY do not want to be DFed......I would let the cat out of the bag about how you feel. Just remain vauge, and evasive. After awhile of you being this way......they'll probably leave you alone.

Gumby

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Tell your boss you've been gravely stumbled by them contacting him and (by implication) threatening your employment. Tell him that upset you so much, you refuse to talk to them. Then tell him you're consulting a labor attorney. He'll get the message that if he gives you crap about your religious affiliation as an employer he's liable.

Then do it!

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

You're boss probably has a boss, and what your boss is doing can easilly be considered harrassment. Keep it in mind. Your boss might not, but your boss's boss will.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

YES Aslief is spot on

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Just to avoid any confusion -

The poster "New Light" and myself - NewLight2 are not the same posters. I was never a JW.

My Home Page is:
    http://www.geocities.com/newlight_2/Links1.html

NewLight2's Discussion Forum
    http://members2.boardhost.com/newlight2/?970193945

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

its ok, the WTS is always sending out New Light.

• gespro
    gespro
    its ok, the WTS is always sending out New Light.

OH Maan!!!! LOL!

Stand up to those bullies...that's all they are.

• grows1
    grows1

What your boss is doing constitutes religious harrassment. Tell him that you do not think that it is proper or professional for him to address YOUR religious beliefs of lack of beliefs at work and during work hours. Save ALL correspondence regarding this issue. You will need these when you see a lawyer if he continues to inject his religion into your work environment.

• pudd
    pudd
    They've overstepped the bounds of concern and now the whole thing stinks of a dirt-finding, evidence-gathering committee fest.

This is where I have a problem.

If they are genuine though misguided, you can maintaine a degree of respect. What do they want to gain from hounding people down?

There seems to be no balance. They either behave as you descibe, or don't bother with you untill memorial time then tell you how much you mean to them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit